Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Hope somebody may be able to point in the right direction...

My 1800GSR has lost a lot of fluid from around the transfer box area. The fluid can be seen leaking from a small aperture at the lowest point in the bell housing to transfer box joint. I'm fairly sure that it isn't engine oil. Thinking that it may be transmission fluid, I checked the level of the by removing the filler plug. As soon as I removed the plug, fluid rushed out, so I'm assuming that this is full.
Where else could the fluid be leaking from? Does the transfer box have a seperate lubricant, to the main transmission? Is the car fitted with a Limited Slip Differential or some sort of viscous coupling, and could this be the source of the leak?

I've parked the car in my garage, as I'm too concerned to drive it after having lost so much fluid - around 1/2pint. Don't want to risk running any parts dry.

I'd appreciate any thoughts and ideas that you may have, so that I can get it back on the road again.

Cheers

Danny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Danny

Hoped that someone might help, I don't know as much about the GSR as I'd like so in situations like this I take my car to the garage

Have you had any luck getting it diagnosed and fixed?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts