Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Armed with my copy of 21st Century Performance I went a'huntin my boost solenoid and removed the grommet. Boost now peaks about 0.1 bar higher and settles down about 0.05bar higher. That means I'm boosting to about 13.5psi and settling back to 12.5-13psi. Previously it was 12psi solid.

And yes, I managed not to lose the grommet!

I also put the oem dump valve back to it's original position for driveability reasons. When I've got the cash and decent aftermarket recirc one will go in but until then it's goodbye fast spoolup!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Recognizing that I must sound a bit like a broaken record...

Try TransAutoSport! They have an excelent selection of dump valves at remarkable prices.

http://www.tas.uk.com

No I don't work for the company!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chunky,
Your not suffering from any fuel cuts then with the boost up. Hopfully my problems will be solved on Tuseday, if not it could get expensive.
Also fitted the HKS super flow, sucks like a Dutch prostitiue now. Looking foward to when i can really play with it without having to lift off to stop fuel cuts happening. Ive let so many Imprezas overtake me its starting to drive me mad.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The boost on my gsr is 12psi but for some reason it creeps to 14psi at 6500rpm then drops off again. Any thoughts.
what ignition timming are you guys setting it at. Standard is 12 degrees.If still standard there will be an unbroken piece of tape across cranke angle sensor.

PLEASE ANSWER THIS AS I AM DESPERATE FOR INFORMATION.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.