Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I PURCHASE FROM HALFORDS and amp; IN 4000 MILES I NOTICED THE PAINT FLAKING and amp; CORODING THE WHEELS ARE RADIUS R3 and amp; JUST OVER A YEAR OLD and amp; HALFORDS NOR RADIUS ARE WILLING TO TAKE RESPONSIBLITY IN THE MATTER HELP ??????

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re:18

If the wheels are corroding due to bad workmanship or a fault in the manufacturing process then I would say you have the right to some form of compensation. If the wheels are corroding due to being kerbed, chipped or normal wear and tear then you will not have much luck.
To proceed I would deal with Halfords as that is where you bought the wheels from (you made a contract with them when you bought the wheels, not Radius) and the best plan of action is to draft a letter to the manager of the branch where you got the wheels from. Take some pictures of the corrosion, state the problem, the reason why you want compenation and how much and then quote your rights. Be reasonable and don't be snotty or rude. Do not expect to get replacement wheels after a year down the line, the best to hope for is some form of compensation which will depend on how bad the corrosion is. If the manager doesn't want to play ball then write to the MD of Halfords (Boots Plc.), always go to the top so at least there may be a slight chance that they will take a personal interest in it.
If you still get no joy then you can always go down the route of the Small Claims Court.

Your best bet is to get in touch with your local Citizens Advice Bureau or the AA or RAC if you are a member, they all should be able to help you far more than I have here. Also have a look at http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/callist.cgi for a load of helpful leaflets on your rights when buying goods etc.
It is also worth noting that if you paid for the goods by credit card (and its over £100) then the finance company are equally liable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts