Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, wondering if anybody who owns an EVO VII is using 225x45x18. I currently use 225x40x18 but would like a higher profile for since there are a lot of bumps here :( Also I wanted to know if there are differences in the speedometer by using a higher wheel size that is 18 instead of the standard 17 ? Thanks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re:18

The Speedometer will still read the same, but the actual speed will be increased, but as all speedos over read, it will probably actualy make it more acurate!. my speedo on 17 in a 6 reads 76 mph, when the GPS tracker computes at 70 dead.
with 18s you could end up actually doing speed indicated!
Taller tyres will not increase suspension travel, ony increase height off the ground, and reduce tyre edge to wheel arch distance. watch out that the bigger tyre doesnt rub on the bottom of the spring cup on the front shocks.
have fun with all that rubber

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:18

Then I will guess by your explanation that the odommeter will also calculate probably less miles than the actual miles being driven? Is there anyway to calculate or measure without an actual tire if the 225x45x18 tire size will be OK not rubbing the bottom of the spring cub or the chasis while in full turn?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts