Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, what would you do if you went past the old bill at 170mph on the motorway STOP OR CARRY ON?? good job i dont have my plate on as this is what me and a mate just done :eek: :eek: did not see them in time :crackup:

GSXR1000Z :coolsm:

Oh and we just kept going :moon:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
170

well well its good to know i"m not the only one who plays like that.I had a little play like that the other day although we didn"t come across any old bill, E6 TME v ZX10 the guy on the bike was shocked when we went past him as he was doing 155 with the wife on the back we had a very pleasent play for several miles on single and dual carriagway at the end of which we stopped and spoke and he said he couldn"t believe how fu....g quick the EVO was and what a good time he and his wife had had.He said it was the quickest car he had ever played with and it was good to come across someone in a quick car that was up for it and could actually drive.I must say it was nice to come across a biker who wanted to stop and chat instead of clear off with the arse ache cos they got beat by an EVO like they usually do_Oh forgot to say i did race bikes with works sponsorship for 8yrs. The Monk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,658 Posts
Sorry to be kill joy but I wouldnt have been doing that sort of speed on a public road - motorway or otherwise! Police wouldnt give chase at that kind of silly speed anyway.

There are plenty of trackdays and airfields around for that sort of speed where the risks are not so great and fewer, if any at all, lives are at risk.

The Police would not need a plate. A simple check with the Police computer, connected to the DVLA's network and they can get a list of cars/bikes owned in the area by colour/make etc. Then its just a case of finding you. Sadly to say that if the cop car was equipped with on-board camera its just a case of matching any distinguishing marks/wheels or features on the car/bike and they gotcha!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
256 Posts
Very true but many know my views on track days.In 6yrs of owning EVOs its the first time i have played that seriously with a bike on the road,as you will know these sort of things dont happen every day because its very rare you actually come across someone who can ride or drive rather than think they can ride or drive.As for speed being a danger a friend was nearly killed on his bike last weekend doing just 40mph which proves you dont have to be going very quick to be seriously hurt. The Monk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
martincarew said:
Sorry to be kill joy but I wouldnt have been doing that sort of speed on a public road - motorway or otherwise! Police wouldnt give chase at that kind of silly speed anyway.

There are plenty of trackdays and airfields around for that sort of speed where the risks are not so great and fewer, if any at all, lives are at risk.

The Police would not need a plate. A simple check with the Police computer, connected to the DVLA's network and they can get a list of cars/bikes owned in the area by colour/make etc. Then its just a case of finding you. Sadly to say that if the cop car was equipped with on-board camera its just a case of matching any distinguishing marks/wheels or features on the car/bike and they gotcha!!
Kill joy? YES. its all fun mate, and i dont care what anyone alse thinks,,,YOU KILL JOY :crackup: Just asked what other people would do :coolsm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
i just got a speeding ticket this mornin... 83 in a 70 on a quiet sunday on the motor way .... yet last night some ones granny was mugged in the street and these motherf***ers cant catch him..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,270 Posts
martincarew said:
Sorry to be kill joy but I wouldnt have been doing that sort of speed on a public road - motorway or otherwise! Police wouldnt give chase at that kind of silly speed anyway.

There are plenty of trackdays and airfields around for that sort of speed where the risks are not so great and fewer, if any at all, lives are at risk.

The Police would not need a plate. A simple check with the Police computer, connected to the DVLA's network and they can get a list of cars/bikes owned in the area by colour/make etc. Then its just a case of finding you. Sadly to say that if the cop car was equipped with on-board camera its just a case of matching any distinguishing marks/wheels or features on the car/bike and they gotcha!!
oh aye, and that will stand up in court wont it???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
y2kfireblade said:
oh aye, and that will stand up in court wont it???
It was Black and uummmm????? i only see it for 1 second? if that :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Dene Mate.Keep going,i would.I was also with The Mad Monk on Sunday,we always play hard,this particulas instance we touched just under 170.As said before,if can actually drive/ride,this isnt a problem,if you cant,stick to your gay days and airfields.

One Love Homies
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
you really have to be a complete idiot to do 170mph on the public highway and think "if (you) can actually drive/ride, this isnt a problem".

you will normally get away with it, but it is extremely dangerous with other innocent road users lives.

even really good race drivers...gilles villeneuve, dale earnhardt, joey dunlop, randy mamola, etc etc etc etc have come unstuck even in safer environments and with lots of skill.

pvm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pvm said:
you really have to be a complete idiot to do 170mph on the public highway and think "if (you) can actually drive/ride, this isnt a problem".

you will normally get away with it, but it is extremely dangerous with other innocent road users lives.

even really good race drivers...gilles villeneuve, dale earnhardt, joey dunlop, randy mamola, etc etc etc etc have come unstuck even in safer environments and with lots of skill.

pvm
So you have never broke the speed limit then? yeah right :confused: and as far as being a IDIOT im not so kiss my :moon:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Apparently you -are- a complete idiot. It would seem that you can't string a coherent English sentence together.

Is there any wonder as to why Evos have this unshakable reputation as Chav-Wagons...? :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,710 Posts
GOD23 said:
Dene Mate.Keep going,i would.I was also with The Mad Monk on Sunday,we always play hard,this particulas instance we touched just under 170.As said before,if can actually drive/ride,this isnt a problem,if you cant,stick to your gay days and airfields.

One Love Homies
U twisted ure wrist...well done:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,874 Posts
Well you probably would have been banned if you stopped whilst going past at 110, so it anything over a 100 isn't really the issue.

What would I do? probably the same thing as most people on here would do (or have done) when they've been cainning down a country road and have crossed paths with the U turn crew....

Brake and slow down? or foot down and bye bye?

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,287 Posts
That nowt man, not even close, kids stuff innit!

Me and me main man were cruizin the strip the other night and we sped past the Rozzers man - we were avin it large I tell yer - went past the filth so fast we did a sonic boom man - I swear it - we went past the sound barrier ..... either that or some serious sub bass erupted from my mega ICE install and we SPL'ed them to death!

It was massiv man
Gods honest truth.

Ave It
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,287 Posts
Dark Destroyer said:
Babysitting 2nite Steve?
Fraid So!

The Missus has gone off to Celtic Manor in South Wales with her girly mates for a pamper day / girly night! - Been stuck with two sprogs since 10am today - till mid afternoon Sunday! :(

Cant even get p1ssed because I'm on drugs after an operation earlier this week!
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top