Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was going to fit E6 OZ Alloys on my E4, but was told by Ralliart that they would not
fit on An E4 without rubbing the car and would stick out beyond the wheel arches, thats why the E5/6 have the extensions!.
If thats the case, why have I seen several E4's on the web with the Super T's on?
Any suggestions????http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Sorry but this is the only section I thought my question would be appropriate in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I run super T's on my IV, and Ralliart are kind of right.
If you fit the V/VI wheels with standard tyres they will rub but if you fit a lower profile tyre with a smaller rolling radius then you'll be OK. I run 215/40/17 with Dragon lowered springs and they have never rubbed, and as for sticking out, well they don't really, they just fill the arches really well. I've just sent mine of to be reconditioned and have a delightful anthracite top coat.

You should be able to pick a set up for under £400, that is unless you go to Ralliart, they have a massive pile in their workshop, I wondered why until I tried to by a set of them, F***ing hell, no wonder as they were asking nearly £200 per rim!!!!

If your going to the Rallyday look out for my silver IV with the said super T's fitted.

Laters......

JeffIV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff,

Have you noticed any difference in the cars handling? Offset of E5/6 wheels are 38mm and 45mm on the EVO4. I know that they can be made to fit physically by using low profile tyres but surely the car will tramline? I have a set of EVO5 wheels but I don't want to upset the roadholding of the car, it is so good on the standard rims.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JeffIV for your reply,
I am glad that there is a way of going around the problem with lower
profile tyres, and yes I will be at the Rallyday, and will look forward
to meeting you there.http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Many Thanks
Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nick,
In answer to your question, no.
I ran the standard wheels for about 8 months and took part in the full day at Cadwell Park. I suffered for serious understeer and tyre role, I do admit that the tyres were crap but they were on the car when I bought it and I killed them on that day. I then shod the standard wheels with some new rubber (standard dims)and still suffered from understeer.
After detailed conversations with Dragon (thanks Alan) I realised that the suspension and standard geometry settings didn't complement each other and this was basically my problems. So I bought some Dragon springs, 17 super T's, new rubber and had the cars geometry changed.
So, by the time Trax2000 came around I had all the mods sorted and even managed a set a slicks to boot. Result, excellent, understeer almost removed but better than that, it now suits my driving style.
I use the car every day on the road and haven't noticed any tramlining or other nasties, apart from a firmer ride feel and possibly more road noise.
The actual differences only add up to 7mm each corner, I don't believe it enough to drastically adversely effect the cars handling.

No worries,

JeffIV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tony,
No worries, I'll see you at the Rallyday, really looking forward to it, should be a big one.
Laters,
JeffIV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JeffIV,

Don;t you rub the wheel wells with your tire/wheel combo? I'm running ET35 16 wheels on my Evo4 (from an FTO, as the previous owner thought they looked nice, and sold the old rims) and I rub the wheel wells with OEM size rubber 205/50R16.

I was thinking of fitting either 15 s (to improve ride, and soak up the big and bad bumps here in Manila better) or 17 s and maximize the grip on track days (many of which I'll be joining soon). Didn;t you get any clearance problems? 215/40 is a tad bit too thin for me, I still want some sidewalls, and more importantly I think that with 215/40 tires, the breakaway feel will be diminished. Have that problem with yours on trackday?

Last, what PSI do you keep your tires?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will need some wheels in a short while,but at the moment I have 225/45/16 on my E4 with out rubbing anywhere even on full lock,RR should be very similar to 215/40/17.
I ran 33psi in the tyres on a track day last week ,did 48 or more 2 mile laps and hardly scrubbed my outer edge of the tyres.Thought I would have more wear as quite a twisty circuit.
Anyone running 5 spokes on there E4 ,and where's the best place to look?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Botchi,
No, my wheel combo doesn't rub anywhere, even on full lock.
Not suprised your wheel combo rub though, I'm sure the offset is different for and FTO? Maybe someone else can confirm??
15's would give a soft ride but they could never give the ride I demand, plus they'll look really crap aswell, unless there on Tommi's car!! I'm more into the tarmac stage look, fat n low.
If I was to fit a higher profile tyre i.e. 215/45/17 then I'm quite sure they would rub somewhere. As for breakaway feel well I'm not really sure what you mean because as speed don't you balance the car with a slide, or use understeer/oversteer to scrub or rub of speed??
Dry |EQU| I run 32psi, wet |EQU| 28psi.
No worries,
JeffIV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shorty,
JESUS, 48|PLS| laps without tyre scrub?? What tyres are you running?? or was it a wet day??
I very nearly bought a set of new 17 Compomotive MO's, superbe 5 spoke wheels and magnesium, got quoted £200 per rim direct from Comp., in the end I went for the super T option as I got all 4 for £400. I believe Jason runs a track set on his white IV, very nice.
No worries....
JeffIV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff ,they are so2 s,but I feel the extra pressure and a wider fit/lower profile held them together better,I wasted a set at cadwell last year[standard fitting] doing less laps.The day was completely dry ,and I just chucked the car anywhere.
The E6 that attended ripped off his outer edges on a competeition tyre one side .
I must admit I had intentions of having to buy 2 extra tyres.
Cadwell might sort them out again though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paul, I guess that says alot about so2 then, maybe I'll consider them myself soon as I'm nearly due for some new boots.
Shame I can't make Cadwell this year, one of my fav tracks, unfortunately I don't get my car back until early next week, just in time for CC, are you going?
No worries...
JeffIV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts