Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking my Evo VI GSR in for it's 13,500 miles service. Any idea what this covers? Does £250 seem about right? It's booked into a Ralliart dealer as it's still got 18 months warrranty left. Anything else I should ask them to check? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Have you had it serviced by a Mitsubishi/Ralliart dealer before? If you have then you should have a copy of a previous service sheet and it will detail what they will check and service at every interval. If you don't have a copy then I can email you one.
The price sounds about right but it will vary across the country depending on the labour charges.
If you haven't had your gearbox, transfer box or rear diff oil changed previously then I suggest you get it changed at the 13,500 mile service. Although not required by the service schedule until later on it is worth changing regularily every 13,500 miles on such a highly stressed performance car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
HH6,
have only had the car for 2 months so this is MY first service, I'd appreciate it if you could mail the service sheet to: [email protected] . I have asked for the gearbox oil to be changed but wasn't too sure what else was covered. Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Steel
Lube service cost's £170 inc vat in our neck of the woods, not a bad idea to get the other oils done but mitsubishi do'nt recomend it untill 36,000 miles.
Best to keep on top of the car though!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Late again, although never mind here's my tuppence for what it's worth.

I also have a VI and have just had the 13,500 mile service done and asked the garage to change all the oils as there were a few threads flying around about something to do with the gear box (bushes |PLS| premature wear I think).

I sometimes think it's scary spending all this time looking through old posting's but as has been said, best to keep on top of things especially with such a highly stressed performance car

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Picked the car up from my local Mistu dealer today after the service. Bill came to £327 inc vat. This was for the service and gearbox oil change. The labour charge was 2.5 hours @ £70 per hour. The tappet noise is a lot better but the droning is still present (see other threads). They didn't have a speed convertor in stock to cure the speedo problem (keeps dropping to zero) although I had advised them in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
To me that sounds expensive as I am in Barny's kneck of the woods and he did the same service for me and some other things as well and it would have paid for your petrol as well. I guess thats the price to pay for labour rate differences :(

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
£70 an hour? Are they having a Steffi?

I hope you got intimate carnal knowledge of the receptionist included!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts