Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...can someone point me in the right direction?

1. I'm looking for a high amp-fused (10-15amp) feed in the boot area of my 8'260..?

if the above doesn't exist;

2. Where is the best route into the boot from the cabin for a lead to be placed..?

Reason: I'm getting rid of the spare wheel, adding some tyre-weld and a small sub-enclosure with amp...

Any help would be aprecited,
danny :D

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...oh come-on...

...ah this sucks...

if anyone reads this and know's a fellow member with a bit of an install in their boot - PLEASE tell me I'll PM them...

...Please don't read this think it is a MAX POWER thread, it ain't...

...2x wires into the boot area - How to?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Sorry mate I have no idea :(

There are definitely battery relocation kits (from the bonnet to the boot) available for most Evos, maybe phone a couple of suppliers like [email protected] / sumopower / Moses and see what they recommend? After all you are just doing much the same, but in reverse :)

PS if you wanted at some point to free up the bonnet space for a bigger induction kit, actually relocating the battery in the boot would also solve your problem at the same time ;)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Not sure this'll help but here goes. If it's the same as the VII which I suspect it pretty much is, the only high current feed that I could find that goes near the boot is a feed for the AYC, well I wasn't going to hang any ICE off that. I have a powered sub tube in the boot and I just ran wires from the dash console. Thing about pretty much any feed in the dash console area is there aren't too many options for high power and really you have to run a lead out to the battery/fusebox area. To get a wire out there, there are two routes I'm aware of, one through a grommet on the bulkhead near the centre bottom of the engine bay if you see what I mean or the route to the fusebox which is over the inner wing. Getting a wire through one of these grommets without butchery is the issue really. Getting wires between the centre console and the boot is easy as all the trim panels along the sill etc. unclip and the existing wiring sits in a channel as I recall - anyway it's no sweat just follow the wiring that's already in place.

Brian.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Not sure this'll help but here goes. If it's the same as the VII which I suspect it pretty much is, the only high current feed that I could find that goes near the boot is a feed for the AYC, well I wasn't going to hang any ICE off that. I have a powered sub tube in the boot and I just ran wires from the dash console. Thing about pretty much any feed in the dash console area is there aren't too many options for high power and really you have to run a lead out to the battery/fusebox area. To get a wire out there, there are two routes I'm aware of, one through a grommet on the bulkhead near the centre bottom of the engine bay if you see what I mean or the route to the fusebox which is over the inner wing. Getting a wire through one of these grommets without butchery is the issue really. Getting wires between the centre console and the boot is easy as all the trim panels along the sill etc. unclip and the existing wiring sits in a channel as I recall - anyway it's no sweat just follow the wiring that's already in place.

Brian.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...cheers Brian...

...it was the last bit of your response that i was looking for - as simple as that may sound...

For now I'm just looking to take power from the Headunit fuse (it being 10amps) down the sills and into the boot, I just didn't know a way in...

That said i needn't look any further with your grommet & wing info. just in case i do decide at some point to venture into the engine-bay for a power source.

cheers,
danny.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
That's all I did, but have you seen the thickness of the wires to the head unit! I don't run mine loud and I put a really low fuse in the powered sub to avoid overloading thewiring. I promised myself one fine day I'd have a go at the gommet and run a wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts