Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
At least 100 very fast laps of Donnington, notoriously hard on brakes, resulting in no fade and no problems, just solid very hard braking time after time. Paint on the AP front discs showed temperatures of about 550 max, which is medium heat. There was a front/rear temperature differential with the brake ducts on, so we are going to try bigger ducting to get a better spread of cold air.

The only thing was that the pedal would fractionally soften (really very tiny amount) after, say, a solid 30 minutes of fast laps - to do with the high heat, but instant recovery - it didn't affect the brake performance at all.

Awesome awesome awesome. For those that don't remember the setup - AP 6pot front, 330mm grooved discs (not drilled), Pagid RS42 pads, PE brake ducts, Castrol SRF fluid, goodridge lines front and rear, rear AP 4pot calipers and RS42 pads.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Tony

good to hear that the switch to organic pads has paid off. It can save a lot of dosh without sacrificing good stopping power.

Do you know what kind of friction co-efficient they have and what's their operating temp. range?

BTW Dave has e-mailed me from Vegas, that's what I call good service!

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Blade

I hate you ;)

I was just beginning to believe that I didn't want the AP's. Where the hell do you expect me to find the money from. Before posting like this again, consider poor b*****ds like me who work in an industry in recesion (IT - damm, thats what you do)!

Best of luck to you, I am pleased it worked so well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
:D :D :D :D

Now if you get in the car too, you will spend even more money! Poor SuperL is now forking out for suspension :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Blade,is your brake setup ok for the road?

I hope you say no!

Otherwise the plastic will have to take another bashing:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Perfect for the road - though you may choose different pads (Say, RS14) which won't squeak so much!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
He's not joking Simon
STAY OUT OF BLADE'S CAR!!! The minimum you'll spend on exit is 3 Grand and that's if you're lucky (and I consider myself to be!!)
On this note, Blade is spot on. The very first lap I did with Ed Moore I nearly $hit myself at how late he braked going into Redgate, The Old Hair Pin, Coppice, The Right Left Chicane prior to the start finish straight etc etc etc - Awesome! Ed was just warming up and went faster and braked later lap after lap after lap.
As Blade said somewhere else on the Forum - If you want to FIX the problem, Movit or AP is the ONLY way to go.
By the way Simon, my mate with the standard 7 (with the gromit removed) has just cooked his disks after 3000miles - The Fault is just as apparent in the 7 as the 6....I wonder what will be on your Xmas list..

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Simon can afford it :)

At this rate we will all be driving 400bhp|PLS| EVOs with big brakes and even bigger grins :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Blade

You get confused between afford and having permission from 'er indoors . I wish you could let me into your secret, or let my misses meet yours for a re-education session!

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Andre
He warped them during road use - and the guy ran his car (brakes) in really carefully (after the trouble I went through in early Evo 6 ownership).....

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
so the 7 has the same problem all over again

go for some godspeedbrakes 1 year warpfree guarantee the only downside is if you want them in februari order them now:) that s ian

try it

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Simon, fortunately my missus earns almost as much as I do, but the secret is to lie your arse off! She had no idea what I was spending on the EVO. The beauty of her money and mine!

Te he he!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
BTW - she hates the EVO, and hates track days and hates me spending money on the car. The only benefit to spending money on it is that it spends more time in the garage than outside the house, as she hates seeing it.

She probably hates me too :(

Oh well, my EVO loves me :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
Blade

I have f*****d up. My misses earns moe than me :) but we have a joint account. from the sounds of it we need to keep them apart. I wouldn't say she hates my car but to date I have done 3300 miles and she has been in it for 7 of them. She thinks its ugly, a boy racers toy and thinks it would look better without the rear spoiler. Not keen on track days either, but working hard on that.

HELP!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
WHat does your missus do???? Also, what does she drive?

Mine has an XKR convertible - it is a beast, has 6pot front/4pot rear APs, 450bhp, lowered, bodykit 19 s etc. Looks nothing like an XKR!

She has done a couple of trackdays, but not very keen. Jag is too heavy for them really. Trying to get her to come out in the EVO, but no chance....

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
She cons people in the city into believing that she is a very clever Investment Banker! She drives a BMW 528i Touring which she loves for the comfort, finish and colour. Yes, she buys cars because she likes the colour! Sort of problem I face - when testing the M5, she complained that the seats weren't as soft and comfortable as the 528! as I said before HELP!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Oh well. I suppose divorce is out of the question... :D :D

Hopefully she has other assets to make up for it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts