Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having my (G)AYC junked and fitting LSD's front and rear. (repair induced upgrade rather than straight modification!)

But have not found much about whats available and what the implications are of different types of LSD.

Anyone care to try and elighten me as to the differences between the types? How they work and how they would drive etc?

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
The basic choices are:

Type:
1. Viscous
2. Clutch/Friction plate
3. Torsen/Torque Sensing

1 way = locks diff under power only (suitable for front diff)
1.5 way = locks under acceleration and partly locks under deceleration (probably best compromise for rear diff)
2 way = locks under acceleration and deceleration (best for rear diff for drifting)

See:
ATS Carbon Diff

Cusco Spring & Cone LSDs

Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the links.

I think I need to go back a bit further and understand the basic principles first though.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
you can have a go in my RS if you want ( seeing as Ive had a blast in your GSR last night!). Ive also got some front transfer box and AYC rear diffs with cusco parts exposed if you want to see whats inside, before making descisions. Rog

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think its going to be best if I can pop over to you at some point Roger.

Ill drop you a mail today and if you can let me know when you are back in the country we can sort something out.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Tell me when you go, cos i'll come along, I want to have a look at the Cusco front option for mine.

Plus I need to sit down with Roger about some rear diff bits for the RS :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts