Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you 1.8 Turbo GSR owners I was told today that our cars were never made by Mitsubishi, they only made the normally aspirated 1.8, with the engine code 4G93. So someone has played with them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This novel information came from a certain company which has been praised on this site about its brake discs for Evo 6, I wanted a pair but now im starting to wander what im getting myself into.
Chunky,
Do you know the statistics about our brakes, if you do can I have them, as if I can then give them the dimensions they can get me a set.
I will keep you posted on further news flashes:

A new one just in,
The Evo 7 will be infact be made by Proton!!!!

What a load of crap, if people dont want my money they just have to say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hehe, even my local Mits dealer knew what I drove when I gave him the model code!

These are the brake specs from Lon's page:

BRAKES (mm) Front
Ventilated Disc
Diameter
Thickness - Std mm
- Min mm
Lining pad thickness
Disc run out
Rear
Solid Disc
Diameter
Thickness
Lining pad thickness
Disc run out
Hopefully thats enough information but if not surely they can just measure up your existing discs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chunky, gave them the details, just have to wait for them to get back to me. Bit ####ed of about it as they dont realy know what they are talking about. Tried to explain to him that he was wrong but he would have none of it. I dont like being made to think that im an idiot (well at least not all the time anyway).

If there is no joy I will get some imported from Australia as I have just got the Whiteline kit imported from their. Only took four days to get it, now im just trying to find someone who will fit it without charging me a small fortune, so I think Ralliart dont have a chance. I may right an article for the magazine which will hopefully tell people how good it is, I also got front and rear struts as well for peanuts money.

Let you know what happens.
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You wouldnt be the bloke who owns a white GSR RS bought of a guy in Southampton then.
At moment running stock set apart from HKS super flow airfilter and HKS SQV dump valve. Some people have uprated the boost (See members cars). I also have a suspension set up from Australia, also look at links of chunky's website which is on links on this page.
Cheers
Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts