G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
need egt as well egt important to make sure it dosnt go bang at the top end
knock sensing? are u going to datalog it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yeah, I'll datalog it. I have some experienced dsm tuners nearby who will be doing all the work. I thought that one could either use Air/Fuel OR EGT sensor. both is good, but not necessary. but if EGT sensor is necessary, I'll be buying one fo those this week! thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ok, so I have stock injectors (550cc) for my evo V. I have a uprated fuel pump which pumps 255 lph. what else to I need to make sure my fuel is stright. I have my HKS Fcon and VPC. do I need a fuel regulator? if so, what kind do you recommend? thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Stock fuel pressure reg is ok for 1.5 bar , wud suggest u replace the engine bay fuel feed and return lines to -6 or -8 with AN fittings , u will have no prob getting this in the US.
Oh , and make sure the pressure lines 2 the fuel pressure reg r secure , theu r a push on fit , if they pop off with increased boost u can say sianara 2 yer pistons when the mixture go's weak.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
there is a place in huntington beach, ca that sells an egt alarm that you can wire into the feed from your egt gauge
set temp via set screw, before u mount probe/gauge set it by carefully putting gas tourch on probe wired to gauge
when u get desired alert temp (say 900C or 950 if brave) then adjust set screw till relay oes off

if u ever get a lean out for whatever reason then this will alert u and u can step off the gas and save your motor

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Original Post:
Blade

Remember that the US measures octane by RON|PLS|MON/2 or CLC so '93 octane' has about the same (better IIRC) resistance to knock as our 97RON. Their '91 octane' is equivalent to our 95RON PULP.

Do a google for the exact way to convert.
My recommendation is to call one of the oil companies and ask them what is the RON rating of their fuel is. I called Unocal about Southern California 91 AKI premium and found that they consistently test at 96.5 RON. I would predict about 98 RON out of you 93 AKI fuel since RON - MON |EQU| 10 usually.

I am installing an Aquamist water injection system also.

Erik

21 - 26 of 26 Posts