Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone seen the latest Banzai mag, with the Subaru running these real fast times ( with puka timing equipment ) what sort of power output do you think this car would have? it done 60 in 3.5, 100 in 9.5 what sort of power would you need to match this? ,the car was way faster than all the other cars tested that day.

Darren

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RS450 does those times, so about 360bhp with the shorter gearbox, or around 400bhp with the GSR gearbox. Clutch and gearchange plays a major factor here too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, was it a standard EVO? That sounds about right. 0-30 is about 2 secs, so that puts your 0-100 in 12.5 - which is about right for a standard, or near standard EVO.

To do 0-100 in 9.5, you would probably hit 30 in about 1.8 - so that means doing the 30-100 time in 7.7.

Quite a difference to 10.5, isn't it - so alot more power needed!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry but does anyone else think that Banzai is a bit Scooby mad, every issue we have bought so far has been Scooby, Scooby, Scooby! Pleeeeeaase Mr Banzai show us other marques!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reason is , sooooooo many Scoobs , like a bloody plague :)

Wih cars like Blades and Man Go's tho , and mine next spring , I think a few more Evo's will b making the world a faster place :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't even need a super modded Evo to cain a Scooby, a standard Evo is too much to deal for 90% of all Scooby's in the world I'd say.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might be woring on this, but i think the owner of that Scoob frequents this board (Deadscoob - Craig Hardman??) Bought a Defi gauge from him, nice bloke!! Think he might have gone through several engines to perfect the current state of tune :)

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scoobys can be very quick though !!!
and an evo may beat them ,but it wont waste them
theres not that big a difference

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Key difference between the Scoob and Evo is the high state of tune that a standard WRX/P1 engine is in. THe EVO at 280bhp is not stressed - the Scooby is. You can't tune a scoob much beyond 300bhp without very, very expensive work. It is a bit like the costs involved in taking an EVO to 400bhp.

They also have very poor brakes, and the suspension suffers from chronic understeer, particularly on the track - eats outside edges of tyres much quicker than an EVO.

Properly tuned, they can be formidabble - but if you want high power, you would never by a scooby.

I think the P1 is a good car for the road, and the standard Subaru (205bhp) is fine for your average joe who wants a quick car, and is fed up with GTI's!

But it isn't in the same league as the EVO - not saying that as an owner of an EVO either!. Most of the EVO is competition quality, the scooby is street quality.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi I have an Evo running Motec ecu, mongoose full ss exhaust hks intercooler pipes and induction kit running 1.5-1.6 bar. Uprated ARP bolts. My mate has a uK scooby with link ecu front mouted intercoler ap brakes and kn filter and a slightly uprated turbo. And his car is bloody quick running 1.4 bar of boost with little or no knocks. 350 bhp and 330lbft of torque. They scoobys seem to be able to run alot more advance the our evo's. Very little between the two of us. He will be down at CAdwell this weekend. Ask for sam and see if you can keep up. Let me know!!!!!

I'm not going as I still have that bloody noise from the drivers side when I turn to the left.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a race with one today on a duel carrageway, it was a blue wrx sti4, dunno what the guy did to it but it looks good anyway, to be honest my evo (evo 4 with blitz induction kit, rallieart exhurst) was doing very well againest one, I cant say I beat it nor did he but to be honest, I think both cars are build quite simular as its power and tourq is not that much different. I have only got my evo for a month and at first I was abit dissappointed with its power, may be Im asking too much from it, but at first I think the turbo comes in a bit too late, but after I change the exhurst and induction kit I find drives alot better and feel alot more faster. but now I seems to get use to the power and I wanted more bhp from it, dunno what to do through!!! thinking of upgreading me breaks first but dunno which one to get that fits the evo4 and also I read alot about the rallieart ecu is it actually any good?? or would u rather get the apexi AVC-r and the S-AVC together??? I read it from japanese performance magazine about RC Developments EVO, that if u got the two Apexi thing that will works the same way as a programmable ecu!!! can anyone tell me if that is true or not!!

Leon!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are dissapointed with your 4's power ? ? ? who made your last mode of transport N A S A ?.... I've got a 4gsr and it goe's like a bloody rocket ship and it is in standard tune.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got an 4gsr too, but for some reason, I just wanted a little bit more from it all the time!! may be am just a speed freak!! I had an race with an 360 yesterday and honestly I couldent keep up!! there is a ferrari garage in Loughborough and u see loads of their machanics flying around with them all the time. but it was good fun!! I wanted to get an adjustable ECU for the 4 gsr but dunno which one is good and can fit the evo4, does anyone has any ideas?????

leon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts