Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Evo 8 260 remapped to 300bhp. I really love the car in every way and really don’t want to change it but the poor gear shift is really ruining my enjoyment of an otherwise perfect car.

Problems (all far worse when cold):

• Notchy/Crunchy shift from 1st – 2nd at anything greater than 4K rpm

• Notchy shift from 2nd – 3rd

• Coming down the box all is fine

• Finally I have a slight judder in my OE clutch. It’s hardly noticeable when warm but cold it judders when pulling away at 1500rpm.

So far I have changed the gear box oil, and given the pedal adjustment a couple of turns. Both have improved things – but it’s still not right.

If you think you can help please PM me. I’m prepared to travel if necessary.

Thanks for reading…….

Si

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I have mentioned it but the response is always "They are all like it mate". I know that's not the case as I've driven cars with considerably better shift quality than my car, and my car hasn't always been this bad.

I know I am a bit of a perfectionist, but I just want it to be absolutely as good as it can be, so I was hoping to find an MLR trader with some real transmission expertise. Recomendations most welcome!:smthumbup

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Simon,my 6 was the same and all i did was change gear a little less vigorously mate.

Dont suppose thats any help to you though;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Simon,my 6 was the same and all i did was change gear a little less vigorously mate.

Dont suppose thats any help to you though;)
Hey Pal! How ya doin'?

The only time gear leavers come off in my hand is when I am driving your cars. Is that my gear changes or your skills as a mechanic? LOL :)

Seriously (if that's possible) - I think it's worse when I change gear really slow. I never make really quick shifts as we all know there is generally no need… :smthumbup

I'll have to give you a shout and get something booked up for 2008. How's business at your unmentionable company TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK

Oooooops! Sorry. Lent on the keyboard ;)

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Hey Pal! How ya doin'?

The only time gear leavers come off in my hand is when I am driving your cars. Is that my gear changes or your skills as a mechanic? LOL :)

Seriously (if that's possible) - I think it's worse when I change gear really slow. I never make really quick shifts as we all know there is generally no need… :smthumbup

I'll have to give you a shout and get something booked up for 2008. How's business at your unmentionable company TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK TrackDayUK

Oooooops! Sorry. Lent on the keyboard ;)
Its you being ham fisted mate;)

Ill have to PM you concerning the rest orr ill get my nuts chewed;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BUMP Ready for Monday Morning!

·
Ross Sport
17,132 Posts
Sounds like mashed syncros or worn selector hubs/forks.

I can reccomend Wayne @ Arnside or Gary @ APT to rebuild your box.

Also dont drive with one hand on the gear stick :angel:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like mashed syncros or worn selector hubs/forks.

I can reccomend Wayne @ Arnside or Gary @ APT to rebuild your box.

Also dont drive with one hand on the gear stick :angel:
Thanks Ross

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
check the selector bushings,see neverneverman for a new set,change the oil again but catch the oil in a clean container and run a magnet through it to see whats in it for debris.refill with 2.8litres royal purple max gear 75/90. failing that the clutch could be dragging,how many miles on the clutch,there's a couple of boxes for sale or as said rebuild.

·
Keep er lit!
4,202 Posts
whats the miles onit? sounds like the clutch mate.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whats the miles onit? sounds like the clutch mate.

Thanks stevov for that detail. I do think you probably have something re the clutch dragging, it improved things when I gave the clutch pedal a couple of turns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts