Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not selling the car just seen it on autotrader and wonder if anyone knows why?
S reg 44,000 6 months warranty satellite silver and only £7495???

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Best thing mate is to go and have a look at it and you will find out why ,and i bet unless your not at all fussy you will walk away,so much to consider with a car to determine what car is worth what, even if it has shagged discs and pads it can knock 1k of the value then say the clutch is slipping and a few dings on the wing ,then you got yourself a £7495 evo 6,but i bet your bottom dollar its no minter :smthumbup

·
Registered
438 Posts
it has not been moved for a while thats obvious by the discs. doesn't mention hpi or anything either! i bought mine for a similar price but im making a project out of mine making it up to standard. the car also may have had front end damage and been repaired. so many things to think about when looking at a car at that price

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
Maybe just stock that needs shifting fast hence the low price to make way for other cars..

It does happen. Dont mean anythings wrong with it

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It was obviously up for £10k at some point. Probably just wants rid of it now. For £8k how bad could it be with those miles on it? The exhaust on wrong side is a bit odd as is the TME front bumper but wouldn't be the first GSR to have different bumper fitted.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
both front and back bumpers look a different colour and no badges on the boot, my guess is its been accident repaired front and back

nice set of tyres too lol

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
It looks okay for the price. V & VI's are coming down in price now, quite a few nice ones up for £8k - £9k.

As for the exhaust, it's a "RH" system. They are designed that way to get a straighter pipe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and the adver is on autotrader twice. The second one is up for £7495. Plus spoke to trader and he assured me it was HPI clear.
But i suppose it could have been damaged repaired in Japan..

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
on the large picture of the wheel with the rusted disc, the wing and bumper junction looks pretty poor, and some rust by the look of it

steve

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Also it's got coilovers on it.

Not sure on this 1, it could have been a trade in and the owner of the garage doesn't know about them etc, and has already made his cash on the last sale.

Or it could have been crashed. HPI it, take a good look around it and you can't go wrong.

I like that exhaust, it takes a straighter route as it doesn't have to go over the prop shaft to come out at the left.

Only problem is it has to avoid the AYC but that's not all that hard, you can see with the angle its at.

Bumper to wing gap could be because it's a new bumper fitted badly. Doesn't mean it's been in a smash.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
:cry: Last year i sold a totally standard Evo V 1998 with a genuine 36K in silver with 1 years MOT for £6.5K, needed an alloy reburb and discs didn't have alot of life in them.Was a very tidy car HPI clear.........maybe too cheap also?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well ive offered him 7k and providing its still for sale on the weekend he said he will sell.
So seems its a waiting game.
He took the car in a part-ex and doesnt normally deal in sports cars. He told me he would never take another sports car in as part ex??

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It's a bit of a niche car the Evo so a dealer with no experience of them is probably not happy with how long even good cars can take to sell. The market is limited and even more limited when people who want one on the face of it do a bit of research and find out about the service interval and the insurance cost. For that price you cannot go wrong even if it ends up needing something that costs £1k!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts