Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What car would you buy if you had this budget. Iv'e had a change in job recently and the evo is becoming to expensive to own.

I want something fun to drive quite quick and decent looking also isnt going to cost a fortune to maintain. Was thinking of a ek9 civic type r maybe a scoobie even anyone got any good ideas?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Audi S3 for comfort and linear power with all the toys. Or a Civic type R if you dont mind that stupid screaming Vtec.

Darren

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used to have integra type r was amazing i like the vtec something about it makes me giggle when you put your foot down. i wouldnt buy a type r without a lsd mind

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
i used to have integra type r was amazing i like the vtec something about it makes me giggle when you put your foot down. i wouldnt buy a type r without a lsd mind
I was going to buy one in about 2004. I test drove it and hated it and bought an Audi S3 instead:lol: The 1.8t in the VAG range gives 35-40mpg when sticking to the speed limits. The other option is to go for a Golf MKIV GT TDI, 180bhp after a remap and 60mpg.

Darren

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not a big fan of the look of a s3 dont mind golfs to much as much as a tdi is the sensible option for me at the moment i know i will hate it so im not even going to bother haha

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
im not a big fan of the look of a s3 dont mind golfs to much as much as a tdi is the sensible option for me at the moment i know i will hate it so im not even going to bother haha
Alfa 147Gta then:mhihi: mad ltlle car but they use as much oil as they do petrol:lol:. I bet you could buy an Astra vXR for that kind of money now? Maybe add a grand to the 7k but there a nice car. I'd rather have one than the new ST as the fuel economy is the same as an Evo:eek:

Darren

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i drove a vxr couldnt get away with it, did like the st mind. The look i have with cars i dont think a alfa is the way forward haha

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Maybe a golf GTI if your budget will stretch? Only a MK 5 though. Nice cars IMO.

I would have said Golf TSI but there too expensive :shake:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
martyn , my daughter has a mk 4 golf pd 150 tdi, heated seats, anniversary bodykit, full leather very rare, 5 door silver 18" new alloys a tyres 75000 miles with full history the car is a1 and very clean , and it quick mate , dont know if she would sell it as it took a long time to find it with the right spec , but money talks mate :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i need to sell my evo first. need something that will go round a track aswell dont know if a polo will do that for me

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just wondering if i have overlooked something maybe if someone has had a decent allrounder that doesnt come with evo prices

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.