Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Just a quick problem with whcih you may be able to help me with with.

My starter motor on my 2001 Evo 7 GSR decided to pack up this morning and having called Mitsubishi up in West London, quoted me £500 without labour. Is this right? Would I be better of getting a warranty and then making a claim? I am sure it would be cheaper this way?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Rattan

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
You'd need to check the wording of any warranty you get, but I'm sure most won't cover existing complaints.

How long ago did you buy the car? If it is fairly recent you could try and get the dealer to fix it under statutory warranty FOC.

Failing that ring around people like RogerRally or [email protected] on this forum as they can probably get you a second hand or reconditioned one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the car about 2 months without a problem and was under a non mits warranty then, which expired in April. Also it was a private sale so there are no comes backs :-(

How about I get a warranty and then make a claim a little while later? The warranty is costing me £250 and covers everything including the turbo.

I will also give CPP a shout.

Cheers Aidy :)

Rattan

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Originally posted by Rattan
> Also it was a private sale so there are no comes backs :-(

Pretty much.

> How about I get a warranty and then make a claim a little while later?

I guess it would be an easy enough thing to pull off. I'd check that the starter motor is covered in any warranty you take out though! Most warranties only cover things on the following list;

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the warranty book from the last policy which outlines 'the following' list, so will have a look at that. Plus it would be a better option, as then I can use the warranty on other things, just in case something else major goes wrong.

thanks again Aidy :D

Love the colour by the way :coolsm:

Rattan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cheapest option.
Pick up the Yellow pages look under car electrics and you will probably find a starter motor and alternator repair centre who can recon it for next to nothing. All it takes is a call and you could save yourself hundreds!

·
Registered
819 Posts
yeah - i had mine reconditioned when it broke - £100.00

i was also shocked at prices for a new one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts