Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
The FN2 Civic 2.2 diesel is an absolute beast and a very nice place to sit. I have a customer at work who has one clocking up to 350k miles and still drives brand new. Lovely motor if you can live with the looks.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
If you're doing a house up, look for a small van or estate car! If I was going to do it again that'd be the first thing is invest in.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Vectra design estate diesel on a 2006 we had one and found it to be good spec and size half leather/sat nav/Aircon/4 electric windows/alloys/ 1.9 150bhp Best till last electronic tail gate so if your hands are full 1 touch up she goes:) just a thought .. to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Stuff diesel specially that mileage a year. Plenty of good petrol cars for 3k that will give you 40 plus mph, and be less expensive in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Sounds like you need an estate car.

I have a 1.3 Colt for a daily which records upto 53mpg on the 15 mile each way commute to work. Probably too small for you if your doing a house up but don't discount a petrol.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
The FN2 Civic 2.2 diesel is an absolute beast and a very nice place to sit. I have a customer at work who has one clocking up to 350k miles and still drives brand new. Lovely motor if you can live with the looks.
FN2 1.8 Type S: the other half has one; nice inside, loads of space and I'm sure it runs on hopes and dreams!

If you get the mid-term facelift one 2006/07 I think you get the alcantara (probably velour) seats which are nicer. We've had it since 50k miles and its now on 130k, used every day and never missed a beat. Other than oil/ilter changes I recently replaced both front shocks as one was knocking. But thats it, in 50k miles of useage!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I've got a 2001 Honda Accord hatch 2.3 V Special, which I bought 3 years ago with 70k on it, now on 100k, never missed a beat, full leather, air, bose, electric everything, even sat nav as factory fit still works (if not up to date!!)

Back seats fold and with the hatch it is massive - I could get more in it that the C Class Merc Estate I was running at comparatively huge expense before it

Sure looks dated but the drive is actually quite nice - sits at 80/85 on the cruise no problem everyday and returns low 30's mpg

Not bad for £1,400 quid. I change the oil twice a year and cam belt and other than a couple of minor bits, its not needed any other money spending on it

Ridiculous thing is, after the EVO it is probably my favourite car

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Totally agree with the comment about diesel. You'll end up spending loads more on service items and problems (in my experience) than you will save at the pumps - petrol cars much cheaper to look after and more reliable I reckon unless you are doing stellar mileage

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
My wife's got a Colt CZ1....1.1 litre, 3 cylinder.....Best car I've ever owned.....we've had it 10 years & it's been serviced 3 times and had 2 new tyres and that's it 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,843 Posts
Fiesta 1.25 Zetec - new shape (non-facelift) easy to get a decent one and only £30 tax and cheap insurance etc. £2.5K to 3.5K will get you a Mk7 one basically with between 50K and 80K miles no probs.

Small car but spacious really and practical for a daily.

German built in Saarbruchen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts