Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchassed and EVO 6.

500 miles and one airfield day later and I am through a set of front pads. Is this par for the course.

Furthermore my local Mitsi dealer want £321 just for a replacement set, sh1111t !!!!

Never the less I went for a set of EBC pads for £87.00. Are EBC any good or should
I be looking elsewhere ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Andy,
U can buy genuine Brembo pads much cheaper than that , try the various aftermarket suppliers (u'll probably get a reply telling u exactly where)

EBC r not the best pads 4 an Evo , check out the various threads under brakes this forum 4 members experience.

Enjoy yr Evo M8 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I got my Dragon Disc kit my dealer told me I would need some new pads soon and they could get some for me. I joking said 'yeah don't bother if its for £400!' as I knew the official price for OE Brembos, they just laughed and said nope they can get them for £120|PLS|VAT. Anyway I got the Dragon kit instead so I didn't need them. I did get some rear Brembo OE pads also from Dragon and they were £60 instead of the £300 official Mitsubishi price.

I didn't realise anybody would have the nerve to charge the official Mitsubishi prices for Brembo pads, christ even if you go direct to Brembo they will only cost you roughly £150!

If you are going to do a lot of trackdays then you may want to consider upgrading your brake system for something more durable anyway. Have a look through the Brake Forum for some ideas and recommendations for pads or complete upgrade kits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy,
Who gave you that price for brake pads?
I recently got a set of OE Brembo front pads from Ralliart for £150|PLS|VAT and the rears for £120|PLS|VAT so check that your dealer was only quoting for the front pads and not a full set......

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts