Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into purchasing an evo for some time. Ideally as im buying a new house i should hold back but i've always fancied a mr340 but following a chat with wrc and power station i'm starting to think of saving money and going for the power station 385bhp conversion. so the question is can i any evo and acheive 385bhp as the mapper wasn't available to talk at the time. Does anybody know if i bought an evo 260 would it make 385bhp? what are the main differences between 260's and same mr320's?

with a £14k budget whats poeples opinion on which model and should i buy uk spec or import? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,880 Posts
If you're going to mod it you may as well buy the 260 as that's the cheapest one available.

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
385 out of a 260 you ask?? just see Paul Norths car ;) ;)

You`ll need to break you budget though... :D

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Buy a cheap crap car (non evo) drive it into the ground and have a holiday of a lifetime, bloody evo's pfff......... :eek:

·
Registered
812 Posts
just change intercooler! fuel pump! exhaust! map it to run 2 bar and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Addo said:
Does anybody know if i bought an evo 260 would it make 385bhp? what are the main differences between 260's and same mr320's?

MR models come in a nicer range of colours (ie Gun Metal Grey), look a damn sight better and don't come with the strap on homosexual spoiler. They have the manly full wing type.

Personally mate, if you can stretch to a MR FQ320/340 - go for it and worry about modding it later once you have got used to the power. FQ340 is a bit of a backward step if looking to mod because the first thing you will do is ditch the DALTEK piggy back ECU. FQ300/FQ320 are a better option to consider.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
14k for the car only. and then mod later. a mr300 is the way forward then and go for the 370bhp upgrade later.

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/mitsubishi_tuning.asp

whats the best deal on mr300 do reackon? obivously the lower the milege the better. but i've seen a couple of mr 320/340's with 40k on the clock for about £15k. a general note is that i don't see many high milege evo's what a average milege for a two year old?

hi ant.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: £14k budget

GlobalGB said:
MR models come in a nicer range of colours (ie Gun Metal Grey), look a damn sight better and don't come with the strap on homosexual spoiler. They have the manly full wing type.

Personally mate, if you can stretch to a MR FQ320/340 - go for it and worry about modding it later once you have got used to the power. FQ340 is a bit of a backward step if looking to mod because the first thing you will do is ditch the DALTEK piggy back ECU. FQ300/FQ320 are a better option to consider.
i agree with the spoiler and good advise cheers

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Get an VIII FQ300 (but your budget wont get you an MR FQ)

This gives you a good base point to modify if you want more power plus all the bits you'd want - 6 speed etc.

£14k will get you a really nice low mileage FQ300 with fsh.

If you are lucky you might find a high mileage or scruffy MR FQ300 for around £15k, but you'll be lucky to find one and you might be better off buying a really nice FQ for your budget than a big mileage MR FQ300).

·
Registered
560 Posts
where is all these mr's for 15k? i have been looking but no luck. Are they any in gun metal?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
A quick search indicates there are a few FQ320's for around the 16K mark on autotrader (gun metal grey).

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Yeah, nice advice mate....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....BOOM :rolleyes:

I suppose he could get another mortgage to fix it though ;)

evo6gaz said:
just change intercooler! fuel pump! exhaust! map it to run 2 bar and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Where have you seen MR 340s for 15k mate? At a salvage yard?

Addo said:
14k for the car only. and then mod later. a mr300 is the way forward then and go for the 370bhp upgrade later.

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/mitsubishi_tuning.asp

whats the best deal on mr300 do reackon? obivously the lower the milege the better. but i've seen a couple of mr 320/340's with 40k on the clock for about £15k. a general note is that i don't see many high milege evo's what a average milege for a two year old?

hi ant.

·
Registered
812 Posts
kenny1 said:
Yeah, nice advice mate....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....BOOM :rolleyes:

I suppose he could get another mortgage to fix it though ;)
no weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bye bye mate!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts