Old 07-01-2018, 20:00   #16
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu8 View Post
just seen the prices of genuine sensors on the Rosssport website

Stu
Bloody hell!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2018, 08:07   #17
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sider View Post
Thatís easy when you have the right equipment
Mine can show all four sensors on the screen at the same time, then, as you move the car, you can see the one(s) not giving an output
Hmm, with respect, I think you'll find that a faulty sensor show ups with the car stationary. If it only happens when moving I suspect it's a different problem eg the whateverit's called thingy in the bearing.

Quote:
Canít help you with that one. The wheel sensors on eBay ranged from about 10 to 20 quid if I remember correctly, so not worth not doing!
I looked into this and concluded that there were no suitable aftermarket alternatives (at any price).

Quote:
I think were a hundred or two , I had no problem with the ones I used off eBay, but I went for the dearer ones
Quote:
just seen the prices of genuine sensors on the Rosssport website

Stu
Quote:
most expensive 1 was nearly £400

Stu
Give Ross a call. Or even check with Mitsi. When I was having to mess around middle of last year with a pair of failed rears I managed to persuade Mitsi that their pricing was incorrect and they altered it. But still worked out to be a ridiculously high price
The Following User Says Thank You to plip1953 For This Useful Post:
stu8 (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58   #18
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...ighlight=Codes

Just putting this link here for my own reference

Stu

RG Motorsport -

stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2018, 12:44   #19
stu8
Senior User

My Car
Well my old code reader didnt read any faults, going to try a mates expensive one, if that brings up nothing, going to ask CPP to put the Kettle on

Stu

RG Motorsport -

Old 08-01-2018, 14:52   #20
Sider
Senior User

@Plip1953
Yes Phil the reader shows it as faulty then when you move the car you can see the good ones giving a reading and the bad one not, bit like an extra check.

I fitted the ebay specials and they worked, nobodys been back to me to say they have failed. Once I realised how straight forward they are to fit I wasn't worried, in that I thought I could probably fit at least 5 of the cheap ones (that come with a warenty anyway) over a one. Perhaps I was just lucky, who knows?

Old 08-01-2018, 15:17   #21
stu8
Senior User

My Car
evoXforums seems to suggest £40ish sensors do the job too, do you have a link to the ones you use?

Out of interest, the cars with faulty sensors, did they throw up AWC/AYC faults too, as with the fault displayed, I can still toggle though the tarmac gravel snow settings with no problem

Stu

RG Motorsport -

Old 08-01-2018, 15:25   #22
simon ralliart
Senior User

Car: Evo X Fq300
My Car
When mine throws up the 2 lights I cannot toggle through the gravel/snow settings.
Old 08-01-2018, 15:26   #23
stu8
Senior User

My Car
hmmm, my ABS light and ASC light are on all the time now, along with the service required message, but I can still toggle through the tarmac gravel snow

Stu

RG Motorsport -

Old 08-01-2018, 15:34   #24
simon ralliart
Senior User

My Car
Mine only comes on when I use a jet washer on it, I turn the car on and off then the codes disappear, so I'm guessing on mine that it's a loose wire/sensor, or 1 of siders dodgy sensors lol
Old 08-01-2018, 15:43   #25
plip1953
Phil

My Car
Quote:
@Plip1953
Yes Phil the reader shows it as faulty then when you move the car you can see the good ones giving a reading and the bad one not, bit like an extra check.

I fitted the ebay specials and they worked, nobodys been back to me to say they have failed. Once I realised how straight forward they are to fit I wasn't worried, in that I thought I could probably fit at least 5 of the cheap ones (that come with a warenty anyway) over a one. Perhaps I was just lucky, who knows?
Glad I added the "with respect" bit lol

And I wish I'd known that were cheap ones were actually available

Last edited by plip1953; 08-01-2018 at 15:50..
plip1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 15:50   #26
plip1953
Phil

My Car
Quote:
hmmm, my ABS light and ASC light are on all the time now, along with the service required message, but I can still toggle through the tarmac gravel snow

Stu
Pretty sure the tarmac, gravel, snow option became disabled on mine.

I had the same issue with the fault not being picked up even by fairly decent piece of diagnostic kit. But no issues with Snap-on version.
Old 08-01-2018, 15:51   #27
stu8
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
Pretty sure the tarmac, gravel, snow option became disabled on mine.

I had the same issue with the fault not being picked up even by fairly decent piece of diagnostic kit. But no issues with Snap-on version.
I can definitely toggle the modes, will try it again while im actually on the move to be sure tomorrow

Sods law, being my car, it wont be something straight forward

Stu

RG Motorsport -

Old 08-01-2018, 15:54   #28
plip1953
Phil

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon ralliart View Post
Mine only comes on when I use a jet washer on it, I turn the car on and off then the codes disappear, so I'm guessing on mine that it's a loose wire/sensor, or 1 of siders dodgy sensors lol
That seems a bit odd as I can't see how even with a jut wash you would get water into the areas where the sensors are located. And the connectors are all either in the bonnet or boot spaces. Unless of course that you jetwash under the bonnet?
Old 08-01-2018, 16:01   #29
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
Out of interest, the cars with faulty sensors, did they throw up AWC/AYC faults too, as with the fault displayed, I can still toggle though the tarmac gravel snow settings with no problem

Stu
To be honest I can't remember what exactly came on now, I've slept since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon ralliart View Post
When mine throws up the 2 lights I cannot toggle through the gravel/snow settings.
Spray the pressure wash at each corner in turn and see if you can sus which one it is

The Following User Says Thank You to Sider For This Useful Post:
simon ralliart (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 16:10   #30
simon ralliart
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
That seems a bit odd as I can't see how even with a jut wash you would get water into the areas where the sensors are located. And the connectors are all either in the bonnet or boot spaces. Unless of course that you jetwash under the bonnet?
I've no idea, the sensor is behind the wheel so I'm guessing the pressure of the water is making it come on, haven't washed the car in a month and not had the fault come up since.

Last edited by simon ralliart; 08-01-2018 at 16:12..
simon ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: