Stolen Evo V - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Lancer Chat

Old 01-10-2003, 06:00   #1
stu8
Senior User

Car: Evo V - geekmapped.com
My Car
Stolen Evo V

Hi all, i dont post here very much but i wiew the site daily. Just a quick request, my Evo V was stolen at 5 oclock this morning, ****ers broke into my house and stole the keys. If anyone sees the car in the northwest, would they report it, long shot i know. Its white, loud, registration S536UNT. The car was last seen heading towards Kirkby. Either report it or call me on *************so i can retrieve it myself. Cheers all Stu

Last edited by stu8; 10-01-2009 at 09:39..
stu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2003, 06:27   #2
Pete Iles

Car: VI GSR, Autronic by [email protected] Lovely jubbly.....RX8 gone, now Clio 197
My Car
Sorry to hear this Stu, another evo stolen. Hope you catch the ba$$tards, I really do.

Pete
Old 01-10-2003, 07:36   #3
stu8
Senior User

My Car
Cheers Pete,
the most fustrating thing is i heard the car start, opened my blinds and saw the twosser driving off down the road, and then it went right past my parents house, 8 miles away. I hope i find them
Stu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2003, 08:02   #4
tomsy

Car: Ex Evo IV and VI GSR: Now: RX4 Scenic (for the family)
My Car
Sorry to hear that dude and I hope you find them. Did you have a tracker unit???

There seem to be so many people having their houses broken into to steal the keys... I now sleep with my keys under my bed.... and the spare set of keys is in my desk at work (locked of course)

I have a particular dislike for thieves and I hope you catch them and cut their 'king heads off.

You must have had such a sinking feeling watch them drive away.... What did the police say when you called them? Maybe they caught them on a mobile speed camera.....

Ex IV and VI...People carrier now
Visit www.darrentoms.com

Last edited by tomsy; 01-10-2003 at 08:40..
tomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:12   #5
DuncanIV

Car: F80 M3 ,Pug expert pro,Evo IV with MR heart,Gems brain..........
My Car
Angry

Sorry to hear that mate.Ill keep my eyes open around the NW area.These ****ers **** me off

keep a eye out in the local rags,loot,auto trader to see if it comes up ,maybe someone stole it to break it.

Cheers

Dunc
DuncanIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 13:07   #6
stu8
Senior User

My Car
Hi all
I am a happy boy again, as i said i had a feeling the car would end up in Kirkby, so my old man and a mate went for a drive with me, My dad then showed me were his range rover was found 20 years ago. The point of all this is my car was left, alarmed and immobilised under some trees less than a mile away down a cart track, un marked to look at. The police had just found it before we got there after giving chase in their BMW. They made me smile as they said they had 'lost sight of it within a minute'......... ' and that car is flukkin quick'.Dont know bout the engine and running gear yet but i did get to start it and all seemed ok at a glance. Time will tell.
I appreciate the concern people who dont even know me showed on this site, Thanks for that.
As much as i do feel the police can be fustrating some times i have to say that the response ( police arriving at my door whilst i was still on the phone to 999, and helicopter 5 mins later) was reassuring, and there were alot of police out looking. They did there job well and as such regained my faith in them.
Anyway time to do some work, cheers again
Stu
Old 01-10-2003, 13:16   #7
Spanpody
Moderatorô

Car: Evo 5 GSR NR500 (2.0 GT30) + VW Scirocco GT TSI
My Car
Thumbs up

Excellent news, well done for getting it back!
Old 01-10-2003, 13:34   #8
tomsy

Car: Ex Evo IV and VI GSR: Now: RX4 Scenic (for the family)
My Car
I'm please for you mate, Hopefully those b'stards have left fingerprints and can be Id'd at some point in the future. They'll slip up again later in life and get caught then hopefully they can ID for your car theft.. All you then have to do is get their ID and pay them a visit....

I had my motorbike stolen in 94 by two to$$ers wh also stole another one and crashed them together. They were caught because they were injured.... But when I went to the polic station to ID my bike, the traffic cop told me that the CPS weren't going to pursue the case through court and they were given a caution..... But fair play to the officer who told me, cos he left his pad in the room with their details on, including name and address, whilst he 'had to go a get something'...

I duley noted name and address and paid said person a visit after a few weeks of watching....

Needless to say I'm not posting details of what happened, but I think they'll think 3 times before nicking anything again,,,,

Anyway, hope the car is OK mate....

Keep the keys in your bed now...

Ex IV and VI...People carrier now
Visit www.darrentoms.com

Last edited by tomsy; 01-10-2003 at 14:46..
tomsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 14:15   #9
car1tref

Car: GTR V-spec
Talking

Well done STU, bloody good news!
Old 01-10-2003, 14:45   #10
AnEvoGuy

Car: Good old public transport!
A happy ending for once
AnEvoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 16:06   #11
Makes

Location: Lancashire on a big hill, eating drinking and cavorting .... in that order too!
Car: VW Tiguan Match TDI 4 Motion called Tiggy :)
My Car
Good job u posted u had it back, we are going kartin
in a bit and would have asked the other evos to join
us for a hunt for it

Kartin at Burscough, 7pm if u fancy it
Makes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 16:36   #12
Radders

Car: Mondeo
Stu, live in southport myself! very sorry about ur car mate.

is urs the one that i see at the end of new cut lane by the 4x4 garage?

cheers
Mark
Radders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 16:43   #13
sims

Car: Ex-2 and 6. Now 8 MR FQ340
My Car
Pleased for you stu xx fingers crossed it ok.
Old 01-10-2003, 18:42   #14
stu8
Senior User

My Car
Me again,
I dont know, i dont post in months than several in one day, my computer is working for a change. Just picked the car up, its gained a few minor scratches, and the front mesh is damaged, besides that the clutch stinks, but thats it, all seems ok besides. The ****ers still have my keys and fob though, i am dreading them coming back for another go. As i said before, i am a happy boy now i have it back.
Makes, i was going to come to the meet tonight, i was looking forward to putting some faces to names, will be out on thursday the 9th instead.
Mark, yes that is me, so where abouts are you. Will you be meeting up a week thursday, maybe see you there.
Again thanks for the concern,
Stu

P.S. anybody got any tips on cleaning fingerprint dust off the car, that stuff seems harder to remove than the scratches
Old 13-10-2003, 08:45   #15
stu8
Senior User

My Car
Hi all, just wanted to let you all know that the F***ers who stole my car last time came back for a second go last night. Thay didnt get the car this time but they forced my garage door. They still had the keys from last time, but luckily i had changed the locks and the alarm. The police know who they are, and think they will either try again, or go for a different one locally, as they obviously are determined to have an EVO. So everyone locally beware!!!
see yez
Stu
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: