Next car options? - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 26-10-2016, 18:44   #1
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Next car options?

Had my X Fq360 now for a year and a half and spent a small fortune on getting it the way I wanted but started having glances at classifieds for my next car! Can't fault the X in anyway but sometimes wish it was just that bit more comfy etc would have to something special for me to part with my X which got me thinking what is a realistic step from a sorted X running 430/450. Budget would be circa 25k could potentially stretch to 30k at a push.

Narrowed it down to;

Merc C63 AMG
Merc A45 AMG
Audi RS3
Audi RS5
VW Golf R MK7
BMW M3

Can't think of anything else. Who has had experience of owning any of the above cars and who has regretted selling there Evo? I don't think any of the cars above would be as fun to drive as a X?
PaulMEV0XFQ360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-10-2016, 18:47   #2
evogeof

Car: R35-GTR BLACK EDITION 670 BHP
My Car
Merc C63 AMG all day long

Tut tut slagging people off behind ones back is very petty don't you think.
evogeof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 18:49   #3
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evogeof View Post
Merc C63 AMG all day long
Running costs scare me a little with one of them 😂
Old 26-10-2016, 18:58   #4
evogeof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMEV0XFQ360 View Post
Running costs scare me a little with one of them 😂
ill do you a deal, ill cover your costs and you cover mine

Old 26-10-2016, 19:28   #5
MidnightE6
Senior User

Car: Audi B/Edition & Need New Toy!
I take it, it needs to have more than 2 doors?
Old 26-10-2016, 19:40   #6
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by evogeof View Post
ill do you a deal, ill cover your costs and you cover mine
I see you own an R35 🙈🙈 way out of my league!
Old 26-10-2016, 19:41   #7
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightE6 View Post
I take it, it needs to have more than 2 doors?
No not at all that's just a few cars I could think of.
Old 26-10-2016, 19:52   #8
evogeof

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMEV0XFQ360 View Post
I see you own an R35 🙈🙈 way out of my league!
to be fair i hardly use it, just a garage queen. still think a c63 is a awesome car. i know 2 lads who went from a gtr to one

Old 26-10-2016, 20:11   #9
MidnightE6
Senior User

Cayman S / 997 S ?

Maybe not as exciting as the evo in terms of instance pace but much more refined and still very quick cars. Aquired taste though...
Old 26-10-2016, 20:24   #10
Mel.T

My Car
Hi Paul,

I was where you're at now about three weeks ago, I had a FQ300 SST for about a year and a half, spent a fortune on it, tuning to 396-397/ exhaust/ recon. AYC pump fitted and relocated etc. etc.
Great car, but it still needed new discs all round, underside rust issues sorting plus other jobs, and it always felt fragile when pushing on, as in what's going to break next (maybe that was my paranoia!)
So I was thinking as you are, what do I replace it with? I wanted 4 wheel drive and SST type gearbox , ruled out R35's due to the cost for an older car, really left me Golf R and A45 AMG, long story short - I saw an A45 at a dealer, year old, 5k on the clock, good spec/ price, and the colour was rare - "South Seas Blue" and they offered me a decent trade in for mine (unseen) so I bought it nearly two weeks ago.
I haven't used it much yet, first impressions are just one of overall quality, yes it's newer but it is just better made.
Re. driving experience, haven't pushed it hard yet but I can see it being just as much fun, the steering is electric and initial turn in is weird, ie you get a quick feeling of understeer followed by an equally quick feeling of oversteer! most unlike a X, then it carries on with the job in hand.
I didn't think that it would attract attention as much as the Evo, but I have had comments about the sound/ looks each time I have driven it (from old and young alike)
Do I miss the Evo? A little bit as they are special in so many ways, but then I'll get more MPG, road tax is £180 PA, got a warranty for another year or so, the A45 is very tuneable but I'm not doing all that again!
So, to answer your question, If you are considering a change I can vouch for the A45, however your other choices are all good cars, difficult call.

Good luck whatever you do.
Old 26-10-2016, 20:37   #11
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightE6 View Post
Cayman S / 997 S ?

Maybe not as exciting as the evo in terms of instance pace but much more refined and still very quick cars. Aquired taste though...
I am not the biggest fan of the Cayman, I do like an 997 but thought for a decent spec one would be 30k plus?
Old 26-10-2016, 20:41   #12
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel.T View Post
Hi Paul,

I was where you're at now about three weeks ago, I had a FQ300 SST for about a year and a half, spent a fortune on it, tuning to 396-397/ exhaust/ recon. AYC pump fitted and relocated etc. etc.
Great car, but it still needed new discs all round, underside rust issues sorting plus other jobs, and it always felt fragile when pushing on, as in what's going to break next (maybe that was my paranoia!)
So I was thinking as you are, what do I replace it with? I wanted 4 wheel drive and SST type gearbox , ruled out R35's due to the cost for an older car, really left me Golf R and A45 AMG, long story short - I saw an A45 at a dealer, year old, 5k on the clock, good spec/ price, and the colour was rare - "South Seas Blue" and they offered me a decent trade in for mine (unseen) so I bought it nearly two weeks ago.
I haven't used it much yet, first impressions are just one of overall quality, yes it's newer but it is just better made.
Re. driving experience, haven't pushed it hard yet but I can see it being just as much fun, the steering is electric and initial turn in is weird, ie you get a quick feeling of understeer followed by an equally quick feeling of oversteer! most unlike a X, then it carries on with the job in hand.
I didn't think that it would attract attention as much as the Evo, but I have had comments about the sound/ looks each time I have driven it (from old and young alike)
Do I miss the Evo? A little bit as they are special in so many ways, but then I'll get more MPG, road tax is £180 PA, got a warranty for another year or so, the A45 is very tuneable but I'm not doing all that again!
So, to answer your question, If you are considering a change I can vouch for the A45, however your other choices are all good cars, difficult call.

Good luck whatever you do.
To be fair to my X it has never missed a beat in a year and a half and 7.5k bar a cracked exhaust manifold and worn track rod end. I can't fault it all I just miss the refinedness of a German car. That's interesting to know about the A45 have always liked them it's hard to find one under 30k though.

Anyone had experience of an E92 M3?
Old 26-10-2016, 20:42   #13
MidnightE6
Senior User

In truth you should be able to get a nicely spec'd 997 between £22,000 - £28,000.

So withinn your budget range, also completely different to the X so you don't tend to compare the two.
Old 26-10-2016, 21:05   #14
spikem

Car: Darton'd sleeved 2.2ltr, 617bhp/525lbft
My Car
Audi TT RS, 355bhp, quick car 4wd and German.
Lotus Evora, probably do an Evo X round a track, plus supercar-ish looks.
Lexus I.S. 5.0ltr V8 420bhp
Audi RS4, AWD 4.2 V8 420bhp
Audi S5 not as quick as an X but better quality and 90% of the performance.

Loads of "other" decent cars out there bud, happy hunting. But trust me, nothing satisfies you like an Evo does
spikem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spikem For This Useful Post:
M3 ROB (26-10-2016), Realbadman (26-10-2016)
Old 26-10-2016, 21:58   #15
PaulMEV0XFQ360
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikem View Post
Audi TT RS, 355bhp, quick car 4wd and German.
Lotus Evora, probably do an Evo X round a track, plus supercar-ish looks.
Lexus I.S. 5.0ltr V8 420bhp
Audi RS4, AWD 4.2 V8 420bhp
Audi S5 not as quick as an X but better quality and 90% of the performance.

Loads of "other" decent cars out there bud, happy hunting. But trust me, nothing satisfies you like an Evo does
Couple of nice options there bud! I know what you mean about nothing satisfies you like an Evo does. I am just worried about Evo prices dropping especially on the X's would rather get strong money for mine when I can. Mine is a genuine white manual FQ360 in top condition with all the mods you could want so I am hoping I'll still be able to gain strong money for her when the time comes to part with her.
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulMEV0XFQ360 For This Useful Post:
spikem (26-10-2016)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: