Lancer Register Forum banner

Evo 6 battery size etc

40K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  evo baz 
#1 · (Edited)
Can someone please go and measure the battery on their Evo 6. I need to replace mine and want to make sure the one I'm buying fits.

Before anyone says "fit a micra one". I don't want to. I cant find one that will fit in the tray that is the correct rating etc.

Euro Car Parts list this as the correct size but that is bigger than what is currently fitted to my car.

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/battery/p/car-parts

#2 ·
Link don't work.
Had similar issue with mine fitting in my battery tray as its not std. But just gave them measurements for the tray and got the biggest battery that would fit...

#25 ·
Dave, sorry to go off topic mate but did you get your AYC issue sorted out ? Was it indeed the steering sensor as we discussed ? PM me if you like :)

As for batterys, I was lucky. My E9 one died last month and I got one out of copart that was identical for a tenner ! and it works perfectly :) I think it was out of an imported celica that they are breaking.

#26 ·
just my two cents

why not go for the halfrauds fto battery. i would only recommend this is you have a trade card...if your in paisley area feel free to ask lol. its about 50 quid

HBC005 (Calcium)
Startup Power: 510 Amps
AH Value: 60
Reserve capacity: 105
Bench Charge: 6.0 Amps
Weight (kg): 16.05
Dimension (LxDxH): 232x173x225mm
Guarantee: 4 Years
-----------------------------------------------
HB005:
Startup Power: 460 Amps
Reserve capacity: 105 Amps
Bench Charge 6.0 Amps
Weight: 16.05 kg
Dimensions (LxDxH): 232x173x225mm
Guarantee: 3 Years

just an option but think even a CCA of 460 is decent if you go for cheaper option

#27 ·
just my two cents

why not go for the halfrauds fto battery. i would only recommend this is you have a trade card...if your in paisley area feel free to ask lol. its about 50 quid

HBC005 (Calcium)
Startup Power: 510 Amps
Reserve capacity: 105
Bench Charge: 6.0 Amps
Weight (kg): 16.05
Dimension (LxDxH): 232x173x225mm
Guarantee: 4 Years
-----------------------------------------------
HB005:
Startup Power: 460 Amps
Reserve capacity: 105 Amps
Bench Charge 6.0 Amps
Weight: 16.05 kg
Dimensions (LxDxH): 232x173x225mm
Guarantee: 3 Years

just an option but think even a CCA of 460 is decent if you go for cheaper option
I think thats too big for an Evo 6?

#32 · (Edited)
The last three years I have changed the two battery.I visited many shops and i asked information which battery is good for evo6.Evo VI battery size is 130mm wide and the most powerful battery in this size is 48ah with pretty low 330 A which runs correctly max two years.Bosch and Varta is exactly the same batteries with different brand names.Now i bought 178mm wide regular Lancer battery tray and terminal and install bigger battery MOLL 62 Ah 510 A(EN) and the car runs properly in the cold weather.MOLL test winner of the current ADAC battery test- Said to be better than the Varta or Bosch.EXIDE battery had to be a lot of warranty problems and Banner battery liftetime is too short

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.