Lancer Register Forum banner

So, WHAT is the difference ? 1770A116 & 1770A271

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  fozz57 
#1 ·
Both part numbers refer to the Mitsubishi in-tank fuel filter. The 116 has been superseded by the 271. The 116 is available from online suppliers, oem equivalent manufacture priced generally between £20 - £30. The 271 appears to be Mitsubishi only and the best price I have for this is £160.
So, what is the difference between these two parts ? Pictures seem to be very similar as is the description but there must be "something" to account for Mitsubishi updating the part and the increase in price.
Can anyone tell me what the difference is ?
Cheers and thanks
Brian.

#2 ·
OK, I can now answer my own question.
Mitsubishi UK tell me

"
Dear Mr Lacey,

Thank you for your website enquiry.

With the new part number 1770A271 there is an additional gasket included.

Kind regards, "

All I can say is that it is a VERY EXPENSIVE gasket !!!!

#4 ·
No idea on mark up but 116 as an available non oem part is £20-£30 online so Mitsubishi price would have to be ridiculous to even be anywhere near the £179 my dealer wants for 271.
What I have to now find out is what this gold gasket is and where it fits and if it is available as a separate part.
I will work on it. !!
Cheers
Brian.

#5 ·
Update.

Hopefully it is now sorted.
I got the gasket from the main dealer, under a fiver.
After a marathon of emails I have ordered a filter from the USA which is equivalent to the oem one but costs under £30 and slow boat shipping is free.
So all in all, £35 spent as opposed to £179 main dealer. (A little cheaper from MLR trader but delivery makes them virtually the same).
So we will now await delivery and (hopefully) successful fitting.
Cheers
Brian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.