Lancer Register Forum banner

My Evo 5 600hp build

140K views 479 replies 100 participants last post by  stevebt 
#1 · (Edited)
Purchased the car late summer 2015 from a fellow mlr member I think the car is well known as its been an mlr members car from import or at least a long time.

Since owning the car it has undergone a lot of changes and should be back out around the end of February beginning of March for plenty of track day abuse and a trip to the ring end of June [emoji4]

Car has always been dry stored and only used in the summer times since import so underside is very very clean no rust at all anywhere, under sealed with a clear wax oil so all can be seen. Below I will list the current spec of the vehicle and some pictures of when I first bought the car and how it looks now. Car is currently at CPP getting a full build and should be finished by the end of February.

How the car looked when I first bought it.

Soon as I got it home I got the machine polisher out as it was badly scratched due to being a track car and black. Surprisingly it came up very very well!

Next up was original orange indicators and side's. Some newer Evo 9 front calipers and a full refurb of all 4 brakes and new stickers as they were looking a little tired, new stop tech discs and rc5 pads, new brake flexi hoses and fresh fluid.

I did a couple of track days and started to really enjoy it, but wanted a little more grip so I ordered some wider wheels, stiffer suspension, and better tyres.

So I ordered some genuine RPF1's from America

8.5jx17 et30 in black

4x 225/45-/17's toyo r888 tyres

Then trackdaysplitters made me a custom big front splitter.

1-2 more track days then the summer was gone, then the changes started again so I started looking about and found a genuine tommi mak bumper, some recaro SPG seats although they aren't matching [emoji20] they fit me much better. A few other little bits and pieces and then I wanted more power so I looked around asked all the questions and ended up taking my car to CPP and going with a 2.0 LR and precision turbo along with all supporting mods needed to be a reliable and fast track day car but to hit my 600bhp aim also.

Then I started looking for a turbo kit, intercooler and pipes, twin plate clutch etc

Ended up going with a custom made sheepey built turbo kit from America with the new pte6062gen 2 turbo a few weeks later everything arrived and off to deliver them all.

How the car looks now and engine and fuel system all test fitted.

Car is currently waiting for the last few little bits and pieces fabricated/fitted then running in time and mapping I think [emoji16]

I can't say how pleased I am with how nice and tidy all of the work they have done so far, looking forward to seeing the finished build now.

Will post up final power figures and finished pictures once I get her home as I still have a few things to fit like splitter and carbon canards etc maybe get the inside painted and cage painted also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Yeh it's a lovely piece of kit and the welds are [emoji108]🏻 not sure more overtime to pay for some nice AP's haha, a few little more changes but not sure exactly what yet, it's turned into a complete money pit when it needed nothing on the first place [emoji85][emoji23]

#7 · (Edited)
Thought I would put the spec list so far up and I'll update it as the build goes on.

ENGINE SPEC:
bore cylinders to 0.5mm over size with torque plate
New Wiseco HD pistons and rings
New BW I beam long rods
New big/small end, thrust bearings
Balance shaft delete kit
H11 head stud kit
All ARP bottom end
Arp exhaust manifold studs
New o/e oil pump
New o/e gasket kit
New o/e water pump
Strip and rebuild cylinder head
HKS head gasket
JUN 272 cams
Kigley valve springs
Ti retainers
New valve guides
Adjustable cam pulleys
New lash adjusters
JUN baffled sump
Tomei crank scraper
Kigley racing HLA regulator valve
Engine and all parts fully balanced
-an10 breather mod to rocker cover
-an10 oil catch/separator tank

TURBO/INTAKE/EXHAUST:
Sheepey built bottom mount vband manifold
Precision 6062gen2 turbo vband in/out .63
Zircotec coated manifold, turbo and elbow
Turbo smart 45mm black wastegate
External screamer pipe
Oil line kit
4" intake pipe
Driven innovations inlet manifold
Large K&N filter
3" custom made turbo back exhaust
S90 3" throttle body
Custom made hard pipe kit to match the size of the s90
ETS 3.5" intercooler

FUELING/ENGINE MANAGEMENT:
LinkG4 ecu with 4 bar map sensor and ait sensor
1000cc injectors
Braided fuel lines with an fittings
Walbro intank pump
Swirl pot in boot
External Bosch 044 fuel pump
Inline filter
Braided lines with an fittings

SUSPENSION/HANDLING:
Car is fully stripped inside except dash board
Ohlins adjustable coilovers with pillar ball top mounts
6 point roll cage
RS front and rear braces
H brace and subframe braces underneath
HKS 3 point front strut brace
HKS 2 point rear strut brace
Mines rear strut top to floor braces

BRAKES/WHEELS/TYRES:
Enkie rpf1's in black 8.5jx17 et30
225-45-17 toyo r888 tyres
Alcon 343mm fronts
Brembo rear's
Hel braided lines
Racing brake fluid

GEARBOX/TRANSMISSION:
Standard 5 speed rebuilt
Exedy twin plate clutch
RS rear diff
Standard transfer box

EXTERIOR:
Carbonetix vortex generator
Carbonetix front canards
(not yet fitted)
Trackdaysplitters custom front splitter
(Not yet fitted)
Carbon goodies rear diffuser

INTERIOR:
Fully stripped except dash
Air bags removed
No sound deadening/carpets
6 point roll cage
Recaro SPG front seats
OMP 330mm suede wheel
OMP 3" 4 point harnesses
Spa oil pressure/temperature
Spa boost/intake temperature
Switchable maps on dash
Launch/Als control on dash
Kill switch on dash

#31 ·
Great read and stunning looking 5, had a very well looked after life

Totally disagree with you about sheepy though haha, wouldn't trust them to build me a tooth brush

#34 ·
I'm not sure exactly as i do a lot of work my self except the engine building and similar stuff, at a guess I'm up to 30k+ including buying the car but I still need brakes and to be honest is a car really ever finished [emoji85][emoji107]🏻 haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.