Lancer Register Forum banner

My Evo 5 600hp build

140K views 479 replies 100 participants last post by  stevebt 
#1 · (Edited)
Purchased the car late summer 2015 from a fellow mlr member I think the car is well known as its been an mlr members car from import or at least a long time.

Since owning the car it has undergone a lot of changes and should be back out around the end of February beginning of March for plenty of track day abuse and a trip to the ring end of June [emoji4]

Car has always been dry stored and only used in the summer times since import so underside is very very clean no rust at all anywhere, under sealed with a clear wax oil so all can be seen. Below I will list the current spec of the vehicle and some pictures of when I first bought the car and how it looks now. Car is currently at CPP getting a full build and should be finished by the end of February.

How the car looked when I first bought it.

Soon as I got it home I got the machine polisher out as it was badly scratched due to being a track car and black. Surprisingly it came up very very well!

Next up was original orange indicators and side's. Some newer Evo 9 front calipers and a full refurb of all 4 brakes and new stickers as they were looking a little tired, new stop tech discs and rc5 pads, new brake flexi hoses and fresh fluid.

I did a couple of track days and started to really enjoy it, but wanted a little more grip so I ordered some wider wheels, stiffer suspension, and better tyres.

So I ordered some genuine RPF1's from America

8.5jx17 et30 in black

4x 225/45-/17's toyo r888 tyres

Then trackdaysplitters made me a custom big front splitter.

1-2 more track days then the summer was gone, then the changes started again so I started looking about and found a genuine tommi mak bumper, some recaro SPG seats although they aren't matching [emoji20] they fit me much better. A few other little bits and pieces and then I wanted more power so I looked around asked all the questions and ended up taking my car to CPP and going with a 2.0 LR and precision turbo along with all supporting mods needed to be a reliable and fast track day car but to hit my 600bhp aim also.

Then I started looking for a turbo kit, intercooler and pipes, twin plate clutch etc

Ended up going with a custom made sheepey built turbo kit from America with the new pte6062gen 2 turbo a few weeks later everything arrived and off to deliver them all.

How the car looks now and engine and fuel system all test fitted.

Car is currently waiting for the last few little bits and pieces fabricated/fitted then running in time and mapping I think [emoji16]

I can't say how pleased I am with how nice and tidy all of the work they have done so far, looking forward to seeing the finished build now.

Will post up final power figures and finished pictures once I get her home as I still have a few things to fit like splitter and carbon canards etc maybe get the inside painted and cage painted also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#460 · (Edited)

Nearly ready to go to Evotune next week. Ran out of time on some stuff so didn't get a chance to do everything I wanted, but overall happy with how it's turned out. I've had to make a bracket for throttle cable for Magnus which I will get made properly at some point [emoji85] but for now it does the job lol. Bleed brakes and new fluids all round today, waiting for front drop links then wheels on and back on the floor [emoji4]

#476 ·

Eventually cars all done. Made slightly more power again with Magnus inlet it made 650 exactly but lost some torque and spool which I'm gutted about [emoji24] going to do a boost leak and vac leak test tomorrow then MOT in the afternoon. Then tax since I had to sorn it as MOT ran out last week. I can't wait to have a good drive of it again and get some track days booked eventually [emoji3]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.