Evo X 2008 SST TCU versions - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Gearbox / Clutch / Transmission

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2019, 21:43   #1
Sephiro
Senior User

Car: Evo X SST 330
Evo X 2008 SST TCU versions

After resisting the temptation to fiddle with the SST TCU since the box was rebuilt at IGT a while ago I decided that it was worth doing another teach in on the box as I needed to help a fellow club member with a reteach and I'd prefer to refresh my memory on my own car first rather than break theirs (you'll be fine Davie honest)

Like most UK SSTs it's a 2008 box so is the 8631A749 TCU hardware version with the 8631A3790C by default so I did the usual upgrade to the 2009 SST firmware (8631A8270B) to enable the teach in and then ran through the process. I noticed however the July 2016 Mitsubishi TSB states that the 2008 boxes should then be flashed back to 8631A3790E (8631B413.cff) instead of the original 8631A3790C (8631A749.cff) that I've used previously. Does anyone actually know what the differences are between the C and E versions of the firmware actually are?

All I can say is that after performing the teach in and reverting to the E firmware the shifting is great, however I can't tell what is down to the different firmware or the teach-in itself or the box being up to temp for a change (I haven't tested the cold shifting performance yet as I need to leave it overnight to cool down).
Sephiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: