Lancer Register Forum banner

* * * TC LTD / MLR at SPA 2019 – BH Monday 27th AND Tuesday 28th of May * * *

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Greg 
#1 ·
* * * TC LTD / MLR at SPA 2019 - BH Monday 27th AND Tuesday 28th of May * * *

After 13 successful editions at Spa Francorchamps, here comes the 14th edition for 2019.

The main piece: The Spa track day :

This year the event will happen on Monday 27th of May (UK Bank Holiday) and Tuesday 28th of May 2019. That's right, since 2015, a double whammy for this edition again and we are back with our usual end of May dates! 2 days of

solid fun!

Same format as last year; open pit lane, free professional instruction, tyre support and trackside photography. We're also aiming to be able to offer paddock support so niggly little problems won't stop you enjoying the day.

The price for 1 day (Monday or Tuesday) is £392.00.

The price for both days (Monday and Tuesday combo) is £745.00. Yes this is already a 5% discount no matter what!

Please book as soon as possible by sending me an email (spa@destexhe.com) as this is a popular event! To avoid any pitlane delays we are limiting the number of cars to the same level as last year, so places are limited!

As usual, we are offering a group discount of 5% for bookings of 5 or more full places at this Spa trackday (not "additional" drivers nor passengers nor garages …).

e.g. Monday or Tuesday only (5%): £372.00.

e.g. Monday and Tuesday (5% + 5% = 10%): £708.00.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING A GROUP BOOKING YOU SHOULD CONTACT ME BEFORE THE GROUP IS COMPLETE TO LET ME KNOW YOU ARE WORKING ON A GROUP BOOKING SO THAT WE CAN AT LEAST PRE BOOK SOME SPACES FOR YOUR GROUP.

Additional charges (per day) :

We have done our best to keep the extras at the same prices as in previous years.

Garages: £200.00, Maximum 4 cars allowed (this is one F1 garage door), pre booking is possible for people who already fully paid their day. Contact Greg on spa@destexhe.com.

If you want a garage but do not find 3 other drivers to share with we can book you a ¼ garage for one car at the price of £60.00 and we will group you with other drivers in a shared garage.

Additional drivers: £50
Passengers: £20
Helmet Hire: £20 with £50 deposit

Lunch: Catering is available at the track restaurant

Slicks are allowed, filming is allowed if the camera is mounted safely, only 1 passenger is allowed and in the front seat. Timing is not allowed and any bad/dangerous driving will result in that driver being banned from taking any

further part in the day, and without refund.

The day is open to all car brands. Single seaters, Radicals (or similar), race cars and non-road legal cars are not allowed. Race cars, Radicals and non-road legal cars can be allowed on a case by case basis so it is important to

contact me before booking with such a car.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS:

Just as last year (and for the years to come!) the circuit does have a problem with noise and they are working with the locals and the government to come to a satisfactory agreement for everyone, starting with trying to spread

the noisy days throughout the weeks.

- you must ensure your car runs under 107dBA (this is not a goal but the ultimate maximum allowed, all drivers should aim to run the quietest possible setup)
- if you are unsure get it checked at a circuit or using a noise meter readily available on the web (Spa test is: 1m at 45deg and at 3/4 rev range), but please note this does not guarantee your car will pass on the day
- if you have a side exit exhaust, take it off and run a quieter system
- do not remove any removable silencers

The Spa noise limit is 107dBA static measured 1m from exhaust, 45 degrees and ¾ RPM AND 103dBA drive-by measured 15m from the track centre axis.

If you have any concerns or questions about your car please email or PM Darin or Greg, but please note it is YOUR responsibility to ensure your car is UNDER the permitted noise limit and if you are black flagged for being

too loud and not allowed to re-enter the track we are not able to give a refund

The MLR day at Spa is also a social event, 2 dinners:

We will host a 3-course dinner on Monday night (at the track restaurant) and another one on Tuesday night (in the village centre), this is the opportunity to unwind with fellow car enthusiasts around a good meal. You can join either or

both the dinners for £45.00 per person per dinner (this also includes some wine, water and coffee), contact Greg for details spa@destexhe.com

The Nürburgring:

In May 2019, the ring should be open for Tourist Fahren (TF) the whole week and the week-end before our event. Some people are going to indulge with a combo Ring / Francorchamps trip!

Nurburgring calendar

The week-end of 24th till 26th of May offers the "Nürburgring Classic" on the GP circuit so the Nodschleife should be open for TF sessions.

Hotels information

here

Channel Crossing information

here

To book the Spa day please contact me by email spa@destexhe.com with:

First name:
Last name:
Which days (Mon, Tues or both):
Nationality / country of residence:
Car (make and model):
Driven on a track before: yes / no
Do you need a garage: yes / no (if yes how many spaces)
Passengers: yes / no
2nd driver: yes / no
I need a hotel room:
Pommard / La Source / La Kolline
Sunday 26 / Monday 27 / Tuesday 28
single / double / twin
I will participate at the group evening dinner: Monday night / Tuesday night / Both

Thanks,
Greg

See less See more
#4 ·
I used to be a regular on this trip, not been on it for last three four years doing other stuff with the car, so i may be up for this one again. Will see if i can get a few friends interested.

#6 · (Edited)
I'd love to do this I'm just trying to way up the costs as it's nearly £150 cheaper in March for a day :(

Appreciate the work that's involved and the community etc but it's a easy £1000 just for ferry and trackday
The risk of snow for a start :) Until late April there is a genuine risk.
A lot less light in March too, days are still a lot shorter

Horses for courses but there is a reason why the track is a lot cheaper to rent in March.

Finally, there aren't that many Evos still on track but if you are likely to see some it is at the end of May with this bunch :)

#9 ·
So how did it go up there guys and dolls?

How was the weather, hopefully nice and warm and sunny?

Any pics coming soon?

Shame I had to miss it for a second year due to my car issues..!! :wallbang:

Fingers crossed I can get them sorted and join you next year, it’s been brilliant the couple of times I’ve been in the past!

#10 ·
Hi Matt,

The 2 days went great, no queues at any time, folks had all the track time they could have wished for, weather forecast was not good but in the end we had a mostely dry Monday and Tuesday only saw rain during lunch time!

I'm sure people will post pics at some point, for my part I didn't have time to take any!

Once the photographer's photos are ready I will see if I can post a few on here.

See you next year for the 2020 edition!

Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.