New Evo IX Owner - Compression Test Results Not Good!!! - Page 6 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Newbie

Old 25-06-2020, 13:55   #76
grants
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4life View Post
Who you buy the car from?
Read the tread, and stop trolling
grants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grants For This Useful Post:
Corsica13 (27-06-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-2020, 21:33   #77
Goginawa
Zero Fighter

Car: EVO IX FQ 320
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica13 View Post
Irrespective of the engine troubles, I definitely overpaid for the car, probably £2-3k too much but at the time, and after 6 months of searching, it was hard to come by an example that had zero rust and was as clean as this one.

All the examples that were £3k- 5k cheaper either had rust or weren't as well looked after, obviously at the time I wasn't to foresee the leaks in compression and paying over the odds didn't seem so bad.

Also another big selling point for me for the full race spec Ex-Tec suspension that I've not seen any other Evo running, the handling just blew all the others out the park, the thing is on rails!

I suppose the money I got back from Wynford towards the rebuild was probably the money I overpaid - oh well f**k it, sh*t happens, you win some you lose some!

If Iím not mistaken Mark was one of last ones to deal with ExeTC suspension, even more reason to stick with him
The Following User Says Thank You to Goginawa For This Useful Post:
Corsica13 (27-06-2020)
Old 26-06-2020, 23:21   #78
TNE

Car: Evo VI GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica13 View Post
Irrespective of the engine troubles, I definitely overpaid for the car, probably £2-3k too much but at the time, and after 6 months of searching, it was hard to come by an example that had zero rust and was as clean as this one.

All the examples that were £3k- 5k cheaper either had rust or weren't as well looked after, obviously at the time I wasn't to foresee the leaks in compression and paying over the odds didn't seem so bad.

Also another big selling point for me for the full race spec Ex-Tec suspension that I've not seen any other Evo running, the handling just blew all the others out the park, the thing is on rails!

I suppose the money I got back from Wynford towards the rebuild was probably the money I overpaid - oh well f**k it, sh*t happens, you win some you lose some!

I remember this car when a previous MLR member owned it, it was loved so enjoy it...

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=446569
TNE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TNE For This Useful Post:
Corsica13 (27-06-2020)
Old 27-06-2020, 08:58   #79
Dan-B
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goginawa View Post
If Iím not mistaken Mark was one of last ones to deal with ExeTC suspension, even more reason to stick with him
I met Mark for the first time at the beginning of the month when I took my car to him to help resolve a misfire issue that's plagued it for about 2 years. He found the fault and cured it within about 15mins, actually a very simple fix that an aforementioned tuner in this thread missed, costing me several visits and a few quid with no cure.

Spent a good few hours with Mark just chatting, he's a very knowledgeable and interesting guy and certainly knows his onions. He'll now be my go to guy for evo work.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Dan-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dan-B For This Useful Post:
Christopher (27-06-2020), Corsica13 (27-06-2020), Mita (27-06-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: