MSA Rallycross 2018 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Sprinting / Racing / Rallying / Drag Racing

Old 16-03-2018, 16:35   #1
grants
Senior User

My Car
MSA Rallycross 2018

It starts tomorrow

Entry is interesting . . .

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/british-rx-silverstone-season-opener-entry-list-revealed

Including two Mitsi's

Sorry VS have FCK up again re pic sizes

Try again

https://twitter.com/BritishRallyx

Attached Images

grants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grants For This Useful Post:
RSgeoff (16-03-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-03-2018, 16:58   #2
[email protected] Torque
Senior User

Car: Evo 6.5 TME Scotia White, Mk3 Focus RS
My Car
Just had a spot of Lunch with David Mansfield on his way to pick up Chichert from the Airport. Field looks strong ! WRX is now a diffferent beast compared to my days there.
Tom@Auto Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 18:55   #3
sloop
Senior User

My Car
I think Andreas Bakkerud is going to Silverstone in his Audi S1 too, didn’t see his name on that list.
I wanted to go, but got too work instead.
sloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-03-2018, 22:16   #4
RSgeoff
Senior User

Car: Audi RS4 B7
My Car
Well if not, you can always catch me in my S1 at some of the Javelin Sprints this year
RSgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 12:09   #5
[email protected] Torque
Senior User

Car: Evo 6.5 TME Scotia White, Mk3 Focus RS
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloop View Post
I think Andreas Bakkerud is going to Silverstone in his Audi S1 too, didn’t see his name on that list.
I wanted to go, but got too work instead.
On this day 5 years ago was his first outing in our DS3. Weather was similar too. Silverstone isn't looking great from the videos I've been sent.
Tom@Auto Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 15:33   #6
tbtstt

Car: 2005 Impreza STi Type UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Silverstone isn't looking great from the videos I've been sent.
That's an understatement! The weather was absolutely grim. Was pretty interesting to see the World Supercars versus the National Supercars: the difference between very fast cars and very very fast cars...

...thought Bakkerud was going to walk it, but the Peugeot pair seemed to find the right setup for the semis and finals.

Good result for Mitsubishi with Godfrey claiming maximum British Championship points in the Mirage. Wasn't entirely happy about that if I'm honest, as I thought Godfrey carried out a bit of a dick move on Roger Thomas earlier in the day.
tbtstt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2018, 21:06   #7
tbtstt

Forgive the double post, but a few pictures from the opening round of the Championship at Silverstone:

Handful more shots here for anyone who is interested:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57689028775260

Fingers crossed the weather is a bit better for Lydden!

Last edited by tbtstt; 21-03-2018 at 21:08..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tbtstt For This Useful Post:
Andrew1981 (04-05-2018), milosavljevicm (22-03-2018)
Old 22-03-2018, 22:47   #8
PFC

Car: Wingo
Thorne in his s1600 Twingo was the driver of the day IMHO last at the first corner, but first at the flag.

Yep the weather was FC, lasted about an hour at a time before heading back into the wing for a warm up. Snowed on and off all day and a very cold wind.

Enjoyed the day some good racing, won't be back for world RX though in May. We have been to all the world rounds held at Lydden but Silverstone have doubled the ticket prices, probably to pay for all the froth they are putting on in May. Not interested in "Street food", music, e-gaming etc. The viewing is not as good as Lydden unless you are in the Grandstand.

The drive home was interesting didn't think we make it back in the snow in the M3, missed the AWD of the Evo, having said that some AWD drivers need to hand their keys based on their antics creeping along uphill and getting Brakeitus going downhill.

PFC
Old 22-03-2018, 23:16   #9
grants
Senior User

My Car
Global Rallycross is coming to Lydden 27-28 October
The Following User Says Thank You to grants For This Useful Post:
Luke_S (04-05-2018)
Old 22-03-2018, 23:39   #10
PFC

Car: Wingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by grants View Post

Yep, almost booked some accommodation to go but glad I didn't there is no supercar class in Global rallycross this year.

IMG have set up an American Rallycross series, the first round is at World Rallycross at Silverstone??

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...eries-1014517/

In a breakaway from the American-based GRC, manufacturers Volkswagen of America and Subaru of America have already signed up for the series.

Volkswagen is expected to field Supercars for former GRC champions Scott Speed and Tanner Foust run by Andretti Autosport, while the Vermont Sports Car-operated Subaru programme will run former World Rally drivers Patrick Sandell and Chris Atkinson.

ARX’s first round will be run alongside the British round of the World RX series at Silverstone in May (25 – 25), before also joining the Canadian and American rounds of World RX in Trois-Rivieres (August 4-5) and Austin (September 29-30).

The fourth event in the series, which will also be held in America, is yet to be announced, while the series will use the same control Cooper Tires tyres as World RX.

PFC
Old 23-03-2018, 09:22   #11
tbtstt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC View Post
Enjoyed the day some good racing, won't be back for world RX though in May. We have been to all the world rounds held at Lydden but Silverstone have doubled the ticket prices, probably to pay for all the froth they are putting on in May. Not interested in "Street food", music, e-gaming etc. The viewing is not as good as Lydden unless you are in the Grandstand.
Yeah. My mates and I all thought the viewing at Silverstone was actually a bit better than we were expecting, but none of them are interested in going back there for the World round.

As a comparison we have advance tickets for the World round at Barcelona: 25 Euros for the weekend!

After what Loeb said about the Silverstone rallycross track last weekend:

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...ebastien-loeb/

It will be interesting to see if there are any more statements from the drivers after the official test this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants View Post
Quote:
Yep, almost booked some accommodation to go but glad I didn't there is no supercar class in Global rallycross this year.
Foolishly I booked a (non-refundable!) hotel room as soon as I saw the GRC announcement.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall at Lydden when the GRC announced the cancellation of Supercars and the introduction of the "Gold" class. I don't think any of the tracks knew that was coming.

They have promised that the new (for 2019) GRC "Platinum" class will debut at Lydden. They are talking about 500 BHP/1000 KG for that class, so should be comparable to Supercars.

Quote:
IMG have set up an American Rallycross series, the first round is at World Rallycross at Silverstone??

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...eries-1014517/
I have heard a few rumours about the GRC Supercar situation, though I'm not sure how much truth there is in them. Whatever the story, it seems pretty clear that something has happened behind the scenes.

At this point it's the future of GRC that I see most in doubt, as I am struggling to see how the numbers stack up. The ARX is talking about Supercars and RX2, so I assume they are attempting to grab as many drivers from last years GRC line up as possible (and based on the first press release, it looks like they may have as many as 4 Supercar drivers already).

Vying for the same drivers you have the GRC. Are they hoping that all of last years Supercar drivers will go into "Gold", or that the RX Lite guys will find more budget (because I assume quicker Lites are going to cost more) for "Gold"? Assuming the latter is the case, who are the Polaris buggies aimed at? Is there sufficient interest/finance there to fill a whole field of buggies?...

...then on top of that, you've got Platinum coming at the end of the year. Is that for this years "Gold" guys? Are there a lot of guys/girls with deep pockets waiting in the wings? Or is the hope to maybe bring in Europeans?

Max Pucher (who is behind the Platinum cars) is clearly a switched on guy, so I wonder if he is seeing a bigger picture that is unclear to me. As I see things now, I can't see there being enough drivers/budget to go around. Someone is surely going to lose out.
Old 23-03-2018, 09:34   #12
grants
Senior User

My Car
Guys

WRX and RallyX Nordic press releases can be subscribed to -

https://mailchi.mp/6e2b50503e06/rall...1?e=2a6a8a8c33

Old 23-03-2018, 10:19   #13
wolfie28
Senior User

I have man flu after last Saturday Was worth it though. As already mentioned; I cannot believe how much Silverstone are charging for the RX world round I won't be attending.

Link to my photo efforts:

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=568640

Last edited by wolfie28; 23-03-2018 at 10:20..
wolfie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:10   #14
tbtstt

Few pictures from Lydden...

...and a few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57667645182798

If any of you are interested!
The Following User Says Thank You to tbtstt For This Useful Post:
Andrew1981 (04-05-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 16:02   #15