Evo 6 front diff preload - Page 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Gearbox / Clutch / Transmission

Old 29-01-2018, 20:18   #16
Jimbob9091

Iím with madmatt here...

If the info is not for sharing then why go to the trouble of telling someone how impossible it is and theyíll never be able to do it. Why even comment?

Just highlights the same old crap on this forum of the untouchables.

Just because they command some respect from some, or have been here for 17 years, does not give carte blanch to lord it over folks asking a question in the interest of them fixing their car. All the time these threads descent into my engineering prowess, my aerospace metallurgy that... Meisters Coilovers anyone?

I will get flamed for this, but I really donít care. Too much folks not
willing to take a stand.

Can only imagine what you folks think of Open Source software.

The end.
Jimbob9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimbob9091 For This Useful Post:
keithlag (30-01-2018), madmatt (30-01-2018), the judderman (30-01-2018), VR-4Squid (17-11-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-01-2018, 06:15   #17
madmatt
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivew
Really, it sounded to me like you were telling us all about what the MLR is here for.

I tell you what, you start a business, spend a massive amount of time and money developing something, and then give that info away to everyone on a forum. Once youíve done that, you can come back to us and preach.

Up to that point, youíre just somebody wanting something for yourself, and spouting off when you donít get your own way.
What a lot of arrogance. What makes you think I don't have a business already? I come up and dare to say what many think about not sharing info in general, and you throw arguments like "you have been here 5 minutes" and "start your own business". That's hilarious. I never insulted your competences because I don't know you but you dare to do it. I criticized your methods. It goes to a point people have to post anonymously because they are afraid of how the community will react. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo_luver
Madmatt: itís called Intellectual Property rights, the cornerstone of many businesses, you need to do some reading on protecting your rights as Clive says and then maybe youíll be less abrasive to a highly respected member of this Forum. I think itís safe to say that you managed to offend.
That's the best I have heard. I asked about preload and backlash values. Is it secret?? Do you know you can get these by just measuring a new diff? There is no research involved here, NOTHING! As he's been "in the business" for 17 years, he must have come across new parts either for him or customers, so what research or "intellectual property rights" are involved here?

You talk like you all designed and built these parts. Guess what? You don't own the design, you don't own the eventual patents, what you are doing is keeping all for yourself data from Mitsubishi that is not "classified". If anything, you are using them at your advantage and making money out of it.

Anyway, I am out of this forum. I didn't think I would see such attitude on a Mitsubishi Evo forum. Sad.
madmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madmatt For This Useful Post:
keithlag (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 08:20   #18
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Oh dear, this kind of conclusion to a thread is so disappointing, but I'm afraid it seems to be happening more and more.

I can see both sides of the discussion, but the saddest thing to me is that had the thread not actually gone past the first few posts the outcome would most likely have been good for all parties. Having made his point, Clive would then have supplied the necessary data and although Madmatt would have endured a slight ticking off (it's simply Clive's forum style of writing), the transfer of information would have occurred. As it is, nobody wins and collectively we are all worse off than we were before because yet another member might be inclined to leave the MLR.

Last edited by plip1953; 30-01-2018 at 11:33..
plip1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plip1953 For This Useful Post:
evo5d (30-01-2018), keithlag (30-01-2018), Stug360 (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 10:54   #19
Mita
Senior User

Personally i would of just used the PM function.
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 12:01   #20
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatt View Post
What a lot of arrogance. What makes you think I don't have a business already? I come up and dare to say what many think about not sharing info in general, and you throw arguments like "you have been here 5 minutes"
Yes, the Ďyouíve not been here for 5 minsí comment was due to the fact Iíve been giving info and helping people in a technical way on the MLR for 17 years, but of course, you would not know that, and havenít seen it. So, you just want to take the moral high ground and criticism, because you donít get what you want. Saying that I donít share info is a complete and utter joke. Itís probably one peice of info in 17 years.

I wonít divulge specs on this forum that are not available from Mitsubishi, and that Iíve calculated and tested to work, because other traders who have already copied what I do, will use that info for themselves. They are already trying to copy everything I do, stealing info from private PMís to them, where I gave them lotís of info as a prospective customer, only to take that info and use it directly on their adverts as a trader on e-bay etc.

Quote:
I never insulted your competences because I don't know you but you dare to do it.
Where have I insulted your competence?

Quote:
I criticized your methods
You would, because itís not in line with what you want.

Quote:
It goes to a point people have to post anonymously because they are afraid of how the community will react. Crazy.
Most people are anonymous online, which is why they say what they say. Crazy? Personally I think itís normal. Obviously traders like us have all our details Ďonlineí

Quote:
There is no research involved here, NOTHING!
I havenít taken my specs from new parts, I worked them out, and confirmed they worked via testing. I use different specs for different builds, depending on usage and torque rating of the engine. After many years, I confirmed they were in the ball park by specs I got from Mitsubishi and Ralliart, which I found by a lot of research. (Not online either)

Quote:
As he's been "in the business" for 17 years, he must have come across new parts either for him or customers, so what research or "intellectual property rights" are involved here?
I havenít been in the business for 17 years, Iíve been a member of the forum for 17 years, which I already told you, most of it as a normal member, not a trader. Perhaps read what I write carefully instead of getting on your high horse and throwing your dummy out because you donít get what you want.

Quote:
Anyway, I am out of this forum. I didn't think I would see such attitude on a Mitsubishi Evo forum. Sad.
Jeez, what a complete and total over reaction.

You donít get your own way on a forum and so leave. Perhaps you should see things from someone else's perspective for once.

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 12:04   #21
keithlag
User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by plip1953 View Post
Oh dear, this kind of conclusion to a thread is so disappointing, but I'm afraid it seems to be happening more and more.

I can see both sides of the discussion, but the saddest thing to me is that had the thread not actually gone past the first few posts the outcome would most likely have been good for all parties. Having made his point, Clive would then have supplied the necessary data and although Madmatt would have endured a slight ticking off (it's simply Clive's forum style of writing), the transfer of information would have occurred. As it is, nobody wins and collectively we are all worse off than we were before because yet another member might be inclined to leave the MLR.
Not just one member i wont be renewing my membership sick of supposed forum elite running ruff shot over the rest of the forum
Old 30-01-2018, 12:54   #22
Unobtainium

My Car
Dear traders...all of you.

Could you all get together and give us all the information you have ever learned? Put it in a large document and post it on the MLR. That way we can all have a go ourselves and not bother to use you. The info we need is basically everything you know. Engines, mapping, transmissions, superchargers...everything. We want all data and "How to" videos on every single job you could ever do on an Evo. Forget the fact that it's your livelihood. This is a forum and that's what forums are for. You are not supposed to have any secrets. If you don't share it I will leave....and I know the threat of that will really bother you.
Andrew B (30-01-2018), Clivew (30-01-2018), evo5d (30-01-2018), gazb (30-01-2018), grants (30-01-2018), Kevin Troy (30-01-2018), kikiturbo (30-01-2018), Mita (30-01-2018), Mr Ralliart (30-01-2018), stareast (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 12:58   #23
Mita
Senior User

The Following User Says Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
Unobtainium (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 13:01   #24
keithlag
User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtainium View Post
Dear traders...all of you.

Could you all get together and give us all the information you have ever learned? Put it in a large document and post it on the MLR. That way we can all have a go ourselves and not bother to use you. The info we need is basically everything you know. Engines, mapping, transmissions, superchargers...everything. We want all data and "How to" videos on every single job you could ever do on an Evo. Forget the fact that it's your livelihood. This is a forum and that's what forums are for. You are not supposed to have any secrets. If you don't share it I will leave....and I know the threat of that will really bother you.
thanks for that i dont care if he shares his info or not it the fact he is just bigging him self up again.
Old 30-01-2018, 13:28   #25
Mita
Senior User

Jesus theres some real sensitive souls on here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
Clivew (30-01-2018), Unobtainium (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 13:32   #26
keithlag
User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
yes and some who just like to stir it up
Old 30-01-2018, 13:35   #27
KNOXVILLE
Gav

Car: 4 x E46's (CSL, S/C M3 Track Animal, Manual M3 & 328) Nova 16v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
FFS don't bring him into it!
KNOXVILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KNOXVILLE For This Useful Post:
Clivew (30-01-2018), evo5d (30-01-2018), Mita (30-01-2018), plip1953 (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 13:36   #28
Mita
Senior User

Oh no you're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOXVILLE View Post
FFS don't bring him into it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mita For This Useful Post:
Clivew (30-01-2018), plip1953 (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 13:54   #29
stareast
Senior User

Car: EV0 6 TME HKS GTII turbo.Motec M-800-Trust intercooler-Proflex 2
How strange are the rules of a forum today ?
Where have you read or imagine that everybody should disclose whatever he knows: technical infos ,know-how or ''secrets'' ?

Clivew has explained the full length of his reasons and we should be very respectful for his contribution to this forum instead of critisizing him...

Offence, offence ....
stareast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stareast For This Useful Post:
Clivew (30-01-2018), Mr Ralliart (30-01-2018), Unobtainium (30-01-2018)
Old 30-01-2018, 15:15   #30
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, Tesla Model 3 Performance, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithlag View Post
thanks for that i dont care if he shares his info or not it the fact he is just bigging him self up again.
I pay circa £1000 a year to be a trader on the MLR, and I don't, and have never advertised on here. So, occasionally I probably will 'promote' myself on certain threads, it's all part of running a business. I'm good at what I do, and I'm proud of that fact. Oh, I forgot, British culture forbids self promotion

I have also given out a massive amount of free advise on here over the years, and have given people free parts, and even a full set of wheels to someone, to help them out.

Sorry if that makes you feel bad about yourself, it's just how it is.

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Clivew For This Useful Post:
Arronevo8 (30-01-2018), Bava (30-01-2018), Dave-Cee (30-01-2018), evo5d (30-01-2018), gazb (30-01-2018), Kevin Troy (30-01-2018), kikiturbo (30-01-2018), RG55 GAR (30-01-2018), Sephiro (15-11-2018)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: