Who got black flagged then,own up. - Page 6 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > MLR500

Old 28-09-2010, 20:25   #76
yellowvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by P20SPD View Post
The ALL scoob teams seamed to take it very seriously, whereas most of the Evo teams seamed to be treating it as a bit of fun, which it was wasnt it.
Steven, thought I recognised you on the day but just seeing your user name reminded me were from. I crewed for Mike Payne at TA 2007/8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee5 View Post
Tbh it was only scooby teams that moaned about No.7, evo owners seem to know what to expect and accept it for the fun that it is meant to be.
Sorry Lee, but that is not so, there were several Evo drivers complaining, including one of your RO's.

But there does seem to be feeling that the scoob teams have taken it too seriously, so maybe thats so.
but then our teams have both made it possible to run and have won it 2 years running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny1 View Post
I was on team 7 watching Gav's first stint. He was passing you all like you were stood still. Very funny to watch but I have to admit we thought he would break the car before anyone else had a go. He was very close to being black flagged but seemed to calm down later on in the race. It is a bit of fun but taking people out is not the idea when others have paid a fair bit of money to have some fun as well. Gav you are a bad lad
Kenny, that is the real basis for some frustration at some of the driving/ramming, the event is only fun if you all get to have a go, to have paid for and put in the effort to get there, no one wants that ruined early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well I thought every minute of the day was a blast...
The day was a right laugh, i didnt drive into anyone on purpose and will be doing this next year for definate.
John the day was indeed a giggle, but if 2 people felt it necessary to have a word with you about your driving then maybe that's something to think about?
yellowvanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-2010, 21:12   #77
P20SPD
The better Dark Side

Car: 600bhp Subaru Wagon, Heap of a 206gti, Type R race shell & a Navara! Oh and the Banana!
Yup, recognised you as Mikes crewman

I felt gutted that within 5 minutes of my first driving stint i got T boned by a shark and lost a driveshaft and lower arm, poor nick hadnt had a drive at that point

Thanks to General Liam we eventually got back out.
P20SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 22:09   #78
kins
Regional Organiser

Car: Evo VI RS
My Car
Send a message via MSN to kins Send a message via Skype™ to kins
A bit harsh? You put me at 90 degrees to the track!

I still held it and managed to take the place back within a couple of laps

Get in the sin bin you dirty driver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneboy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICnxW4GvRw

My black flag - Barely touched him and was even kind enough to go wide and give him the place back on the next corner

Bit harsh if you ask me!

Andy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kins; 28-09-2010 at 22:11..
kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-09-2010, 22:12   #79
mechell
Administrator

Car: Steve - gone to a V good home + a another
TBH this is the first time I’ve looked at this thread, and it makes sad reading when you get into it..

The event is a ‘fun’ event – it was never intended to be a ‘them against us’ event, or an event that started any inter-club rivalry, but it seems to be heading that way and fast. Friendly banter is to be expected, but this seems to be a little more.

As I stated on Scoobynet re: confrontation- [quote] that is not allowed.. any discussions will be had by us in future. It is a 'fun' event..... that’s the whole reason we do it, and invited you lot along We don't 'do' confrontation at our events, please bear that in mind..[quote]

The event was marshalled by the circuit – and if they had a problem, they flagged it. It was run by us – and if we had a problem we flagged it. We are known throughout the Jap Car community for being fair at out events, and running them well. I would like to think that we work hard at keeping that reputation up. We run more than just this event for others to take part in, and in every circumstance we run them fairly and without any bias towards our members or friends.

If we can’t run this event without it turning into an all our war between the clubs – I personally would want no part of it, and neither would more than one or two of the other people that make this event work.

I have made some friends over ‘on the other side’ and I would rather keep them as friends and just bump into them at events, rather than end up with the ‘them and us’ attitude that some seem to be taking here.

It has taken a great deal of work to brake down the barriers between clubs – when I first came to the MLR all those years ago – inter-club rivalry was horrible, that changed for the better with a lot of work by a lot of people – and the knowledge that at the end of the day, we are all Jap car people. If this is going to start to change back to the bad old days because of events that we are all in attendance at – that would be a terrible thing, and I personally (and most of the people I know) would never want it to go back to that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the man in black travels with your soul in his pocket."
— Stephen King, Dark Tower I - The Gunslinger 1982

mechell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2010, 22:19   #80
K

Car: EVO 7 RS S-P-R-I-N-T->
My Car
well said that Woman
Old 28-09-2010, 22:23   #81
yellowvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by P20SPD View Post
Yup, recognised you as Mikes crewman

I felt gutted that within 5 minutes of my first driving stint i got T boned by a shark and lost a driveshaft and lower arm, poor nick hadnt had a drive at that point

Thanks to General Liam we eventually got back out.

Good job there was a handy supply of Colt parts.

Mike was due to be involved with this, and hopefully he will be next year. so you can re-new your battles.
Old 28-09-2010, 22:31   #82
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X RS
My Car
Don't be sad Mechell. It was a fantastic event and a great credit to the MLR and those like yourself who arrange these things. I'm sure that everyone who took part in it would agree
Old 28-09-2010, 23:24   #83
kins
Regional Organiser

My Car
Did I miss something?

When did it get nasty?

My interpretation is that both clubs had a great time, had a lot of fun and are very thankful to the organisers for putting on such an event.

The only negativity I picked up on was towards Gav and a bit of enthusiastic "rubbing" Surely that's part of what the MLR500 is all about?! If you can get away with it without a black flag then fair play. After all, where else can you drive like that? It's part of the attraction and spirit of what makes the event.

Chell I would finish by saying that yes it's all supposed to be a bit of fun but I think you're asking the impossible for Scooby owners to get on with Evo owners 100%. There is always going to be that bitter rivalry at every level and there are always going to be people who take things too seriously.

It's best to ignore the small negativities and concentrate on majority opinion which was MLR500 '10 was a success and most can't wait for the next one!

PS - Bring on the argie bargie!

[QUOTE=mechell;3598339]TBH this is the first time I’ve looked at this thread, and it makes sad reading when you get into it..

The event is a ‘fun’ event – it was never intended to be a ‘them against us’ event, or an event that started any inter-club rivalry, but it seems to be heading that way and fast. Friendly banter is to be expected, but this seems to be a little more.

As I stated on Scoobynet re: confrontation- [quote] that is not allowed.. any discussions will be had by us in future. It is a 'fun' event..... that’s the whole reason we do it, and invited you lot along We don't 'do' confrontation at our events, please bear that in mind..
Quote:

The event was marshalled by the circuit – and if they had a problem, they flagged it. It was run by us – and if we had a problem we flagged it. We are known throughout the Jap Car community for being fair at out events, and running them well. I would like to think that we work hard at keeping that reputation up. We run more than just this event for others to take part in, and in every circumstance we run them fairly and without any bias towards our members or friends.

If we can’t run this event without it turning into an all our war between the clubs – I personally would want no part of it, and neither would more than one or two of the other people that make this event work.

I have made some friends over ‘on the other side’ and I would rather keep them as friends and just bump into them at events, rather than end up with the ‘them and us’ attitude that some seem to be taking here.

It has taken a great deal of work to brake down the barriers between clubs – when I first came to the MLR all those years ago – inter-club rivalry was horrible, that changed for the better with a lot of work by a lot of people – and the knowledge that at the end of the day, we are all Jap car people. If this is going to start to change back to the bad old days because of events that we are all in attendance at – that would be a terrible thing, and I personally (and most of the people I know) would never want it to go back to that.

Last edited by kins; 28-09-2010 at 23:26..
Old 29-09-2010, 05:15   #84
yellowvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kins View Post
Did I miss something?

When did it get nasty?

My interpretation is that both clubs had a great time, had a lot of fun and are very thankful to the organisers for putting on such an event.

The only negativity I picked up on was towards Gav and a bit of enthusiastic "rubbing" Surely that's part of what the MLR500 is all about?! If you can get away with it without a black flag then fair play. After all, where else can you drive like that? It's part of the attraction and spirit of what makes the event.

Chell I would finish by saying that yes it's all supposed to be a bit of fun but I think you're asking the impossible for Scooby owners to get on with Evo owners 100%. There is always going to be that bitter rivalry at every level and there are always going to be people who take things too seriously.

It's best to ignore the small negativities and concentrate on majority opinion which was MLR500 '10 was a success and most can't wait for the next one!

PS - Bring on the argie bargie!
Mechell, I think Kins sums it up pretty well, indeed please read the Thank you posts, ours says almost exactly the same.

A Big Thank You
Just wanted to say a Big Thank You to the MLR team that put together this event. We can appreciate that trying to get all the teams together and organised must be a bit like trying to herd cats, so well done , and thanks
again.
Fantastic day, as last years, and hopefully next years.

Also a thanks to all the MLR teams that took part, and made it such a good event, good racing, generally hard but fair (with one or two exceptions!).
Was nice to get to chat to more of you guys this year, all petrol heads at heart, even if we just have better taste!
Team Lord of the Ring, sorry we pipped you at the end, but nice meeting you guys.

Cheers, hopefully we will all get to do it again next year.

Ps Come on admit it who thought we wouldn't get an FTO to the end?

Old 29-09-2010, 05:21   #85
Sider
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowvanman View Post
but then our teams have both made it possible to run and have won it 2 years running.
Edited for accuracy.

It takes all the teams to make it run, not just the ones who put their entry in at the last.

Sider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 05:54   #86
yellowvanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sider View Post
It takes all the teams to make it run, not just the ones who put their entry in at the last.
You're right it does take all the teams, from both marques to make the event happen.
Old 29-09-2010, 06:21   #87
SXPhil

Car: Tiger Avon Sport, MX5 & Mitsi Colt V6
Don't be Sad Mechell the banter is what its all about and shows what a good job you guys do putting it together.

SXPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 18:13   #88
craneboy

Car: Jaguar XFR - 584bhp and counting......
Quote:
Originally Posted by kins View Post
A bit harsh? You put me at 90 degrees to the track!

I still held it and managed to take the place back within a couple of laps

Get in the sin bin you dirty driver!
Hardly the saint yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpS4OJQJjQ

Cheers,

Andy
craneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2010, 18:30   #89
kins
Regional Organiser

My Car
Haha I blatantly got bumped wide! A little over correction perhaps
Quote:
Originally Posted by craneboy View Post
Hardly the saint yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpS4OJQJjQ

Cheers,

Andy

Old 30-09-2010, 18:53   #90
323GTR

Car: 4RS
My Car
I think you should start next years event from the sin bin for that

We had out pit space between two of the Scooby teams, and had plenty of banter throughout the day, plus help with tools etc here and there and we even swapped some paintwork from time to time The event is definitely run in the right spirit and enjoyed by all

Gav's driving shows the level of commitment necessary to win, he's so good that after overtaking me once from the start of the race, he was 3 laps ahead according to the lap count at the first red flag, there really is no limit to his skills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: