What's the standard max turbo boost pressure for an evo1 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Technical Questions

Old 10-07-2002, 13:47   #1
Roger C

What's the standard max turbo boost pressure for an evo1

Bog standard original equipment turbo.
What pressure does it blow and also what's a safe limit. bearing in mind I don't want to stuff it just yet.
Thanks
Roger C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2002, 13:05   #2
qiksilva3

I reckon they are about 0.8 bar stock, and you should be able to run 1.2 - 1.4 bar. I run 1.2 bar on my E3. That is about the safe limit on a E3 with its 9:1 comp, but the E1 has lower comp, so you could go a tad higher. It makes a heap of difference.
qiksilva3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 13:05   #3
motogreg

Hey Roger, I've heard that 1.2 bar is safe with a good boost controller (eg. APEXi, GReddy, etc.) especially since the one's & two's have lower compression than 3's 4's 5's etc. Although standard boost isn't documented anywhere (in English at least!) it is 10-11 psi, or 0.7 bar roughly. I'll be turning mine up to 1.0bar with a Dawes Device shortly, but I want to make sure that the fuelling is OK first as I've installed a HKS F-Con5 & I'm not sure if it's set up properly. I hopre this helps you & if you know anything about F-cons i'd appreciate some info, Cheers
motogreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-07-2002, 21:46   #4
Adamevo1

Car: Next step: brakes, turbo
My Car
.8 is spot on for stock. Check mods on left. Run 1.2, can go to 1.3 but don't like doing it. Car goes like stink, and whips 6's. Highly recommend Blitz system, fantastic!
Adamevo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: