Hillclimbing my 5. - Page 5 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum
 
 

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Events > Sprinting / Racing / Rallying / Drag Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-10-2013, 17:05   #61
Guernsey racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands.
Car: Evo 5 currently used in road legal trim for Hillclimbs. Will be stripped and lightened for next year
My Car
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmacMotorsport View Post
Welcome to the slippery slope that is pre-preg carbon

the stuff he has made for the Jet bikes looks really good, integral tank units/seat units and fairings/bodywork etc. It just so happens he is looking at building a Hillclimb car and was keen on getting a favour in hand for when he starts needing set up/mechanical advice so it should work out favourably for both of us.
__________________
"No Half Measures"
Guernsey racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 24-10-2013, 17:47   #62
Trev-the-Rev
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Wales
Car: V1 RS450 Extreme.
My Car
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadmacMotorsport View Post
Welcome to the slippery slope that is pre-preg carbon
And here speaks the voice of experience.
Trev-the-Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 17:47   #63
Unobtainium
Registered User
 
Unobtainium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
My Car
Posts: 36,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev-the-Rev View Post
And here speaks the voice of experience.
That's just his age
__________________
My latest thread: Kenny1's Evo 5 RS - Throughout the years
Unobtainium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 24-10-2013, 18:03   #64
Guernsey racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands.
Car: Evo 5 currently used in road legal trim for Hillclimbs. Will be stripped and lightened for next year
My Car
Posts: 356
He doesn't sound that old on the phone Kenny lol

Trev how did your last event go?
__________________
"No Half Measures"
Guernsey racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 08:36   #65
Trev-the-Rev
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Wales
Car: V1 RS450 Extreme.
My Car
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey racer View Post
He doesn't sound that old on the phone Kenny lol

Trev how did your last event go?
I had to settle for second in class due to a 600 bhp GTR being entered.

I was nearly 2 seconds quicker than the third placed guy though and I was on 1A's and he was on 1B's so not too bad.
Trev-the-Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 10:45   #66
Guernsey racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands.
Car: Evo 5 currently used in road legal trim for Hillclimbs. Will be stripped and lightened for next year
My Car
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev-the-Rev View Post
I had to settle for second in class due to a 600 bhp GTR being entered.

I was nearly 2 seconds quicker than the third placed guy though and I was on 1A's and he was on 1B's so not too bad.
Good effort Trev, those tweeked GTR's are phenomenally fast!! Do you mainly do sprint stuff over there or is it a mixture. I would like to do something next year but it is an expensive bit of water! I will leave the car road capable however so won't need a trailer (well not for the outward journey)
Car looks clean too!! They look superb in White.
__________________
"No Half Measures"

Last edited by Guernsey racer; 25-10-2013 at 10:48..
Guernsey racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 11:39   #67
Trev-the-Rev
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Wales
Car: V1 RS450 Extreme.
My Car
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey racer View Post
Good effort Trev, those tweeked GTR's are phenomenally fast!! Do you mainly do sprint stuff over there or is it a mixture. I would like to do something next year but it is an expensive bit of water! I will leave the car road capable however so won't need a trailer (well not for the outward journey)
Car looks clean too!! They look superb in White.
Thanks John. I tend to do mostly sprints as I prefer to have a bit of run-off for when I **** it up.

I usually enter the Welsh and South Western speed championships and then just do the ones that appeal to me the most.
Trev-the-Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 12:10   #68
Guernsey racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands.
Car: Evo 5 currently used in road legal trim for Hillclimbs. Will be stripped and lightened for next year
My Car
Posts: 356
Sounds like the best way Trev, I'm going to do the same next season and just pick events that appeal to me. I have even decided to flog my Mk2 Escort although I am keeping the BDH engine that is currently fitted for my Mk1 Broadspeed project (currently on hold). I've got a nice 2.0 NA Cossy to go in to sell so it will still be a proper bit of kit.
Once that goes it's Samsonas o'clock.

Really fancy doing Loton Park again, great hill and great people. I may even do a Sprint or 2 depending on budget.
__________________
"No Half Measures"

Last edited by Guernsey racer; 25-10-2013 at 12:12..
Guernsey racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 13:30   #69
Trev-the-Rev
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: South Wales
Car: V1 RS450 Extreme.
My Car
Posts: 3,680
I like the sound of the Broadspeed project and installing a BD will keep it in character.
Trev-the-Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trev-the-Rev For This Useful Post:
Guernsey racer (25-10-2013)
Old 13-11-2013, 09:24   #70
Performance Autoworks
Senior User
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Fairford, glos
Car: Lancer turbo - work in progress and Prelude race car in progress
My Car
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey racer View Post
Well I have my starting figure, I popped down to the local weighbridge to get the car weighed before the winter diet.

And our survey said ........... 1360kg fully trimmed with about 15ltrs fuel on board and spare in boot as raced all season.
Couple that with the 166kg driver and 2 or 3 kg of suit and helmet meant a 1529kg startline weight.

Really would like to reduce this by 200kg at least over the winter so I will be weighing everything that comes off and of course what is going on so it will be an interesting exercise if nothing else.
Easy feet that weight reduction with everything you have in the car!
__________________
Performance Autoworks
Tel: 01285 711733
[email protected]
www.Performance-Autoworks.co.uk
Mitsubishi and Honda Specialists
Race prep, Gearbox and AYC rebuilds, servicing, restoration, re-commissioning, modern, Retro and Classic's
AYC solenoids in stock

Follow us on Facebook
Performance Autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 06:43   #71
Guernsey racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands.
Car: Evo 5 currently used in road legal trim for Hillclimbs. Will be stripped and lightened for next year
My Car
Posts: 356
Well just been gathering a few bits so far but I did weigh a seat .......

A shade over 20kg!!
I am still debating which way to go with the car at the moment as there seems to have been a bit of a revival of the Roadgoing series production classes for 2014 with a potential 12 or so entrants including a few Evo's.
This season has been mostly 5 to 6 entrants including a 640bhp GTR (bloody fast) so it has still been great fun.
I'm really tempted to stay put for the first few events next year and then swap into Modifieds later in the season as I have bought the slicks and cage etc.
Triple plate clutch kit is on it's way too so that will be a "fit and forget" job hopefully.
Still been using it regularly for work and at weekends to take the recycling.

I have to say I am forming quite a bond with it.
__________________
"No Half Measures"
Guernsey racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 08:08   #72
TomCI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey, Channel Islands
Car: 6 RS
My Car
Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey racer View Post
Well just been gathering a few bits so far but I did weigh a seat .......

A shade over 20kg!!
I am still debating which way to go with the car at the moment as there seems to have been a bit of a revival of the Roadgoing series production classes for 2014 with a potential 12 or so entrants including a few Evo's.
This season has been mostly 5 to 6 entrants including a 640bhp GTR (bloody fast) so it has still been great fun.
I'm really tempted to stay put for the first few events next year and then swap into Modifieds later in the season as I have bought the slicks and cage etc.
Triple plate clutch kit is on it's way too so that will be a "fit and forget" job hopefully.
Still been using it regularly for work and at weekends to take the recycling.

I have to say I am forming quite a bond with it.
Morning mate,

If you stick in road production and fancy selling me your Avons I would kindly take them off your hands for what you paid plus shipping as I was just about to order mine from BMTR tomorrow.

Give me a shout if you're interested

Cheers

Tom
__________________
NR Autosport

Tel: 01522 702277
TomCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 08:22   #73
jamie71
Senior User
 
jamie71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Telford
Car: Evo 5RS
Posts: 1,218
Are you coming to Loton in the 5 then, John?
jamie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 13:53   #74
Guernsey racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands.
Car: Evo 5 currently used in road legal trim for Hillclimbs. Will be stripped and lightened for next year
My Car
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie71 View Post
Are you coming to Loton in the 5 then, John?

Funny you should say that Jamie ..............

I had emailed Dave to find out what the tyre regs were as I use Kumho V70's off 1B as per Blur book.
I could drive up and hopefully drive home.
__________________
"No Half Measures"
Guernsey racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 15:14   #75
jamie71
Senior User
 
jamie71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Telford
Car: Evo 5RS
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey racer View Post
Funny you should say that Jamie ..............

I had emailed Dave to find out what the tyre regs were as I use Kumho V70's off 1B as per Blur book.
I could drive up and hopefully drive home.
They are fine mate...I use them myself

Last edited by jamie71; 18-12-2013 at 15:19..
jamie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 21:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.