FPV Spanky Up North, Rochdale Canal - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Old 22-04-2015, 10:56   #1
JAB1a

Smile FPV Spanky Up North, Rochdale Canal

Hi All,

Such a great holiday. All the family travelled up north from Devon to Sowerby Bridge near Manchester for a barge holiday on

the Rochdale Canal. With ages ranging from 8 to 82 between the 14 of us and also 3 dogs we had a good team to get both

barges through the 80+ locks in under a week.

While on the barge I got a total of three flights done which were all on the same day due to the rapidly changing weather.

I used an empty drinks bottle strapped to the top of my quad as a floatation device just in case the quad hit the water,

you can see it in the shadow of the quad at about 3:13 in the video.

All people in this video are family members and were aware I was flying around them within close proximity to the locks.

Thank you to Ian and Jason for being my spotters.

Best viewed full screen 1080p
Advertisement

Old 22-04-2015, 14:42   #2
evo 4 me

Great video.

I've just purchased an AR drone 2.0 to get some practice in as I had a hubsan x4 that decided to fly away lol

I'm looking to get a dji phantom 2 vision plus v3 in a few weeks as the new phantom 3 is due out soon so I hope the price will drop on the phantom 2 as it's around £800 atm.

Have you had any experience/knowledge of the phantom drones ? If so what's your opinion on them ?

A local guy has been posting some videos of him flying his phantom and all I can say is he must have the biggest balls as the range he takes it to is crazy.video link below -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TfzLiCDM8E

Last edited by evo 4 me; 22-04-2015 at 14:53..
evo 4 me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 15:42   #3
Conrad
#armchairtuner

Car: AE86 & EvoGTR project
Send a message via Skype™ to Conrad
Good stuff, I live in Sowerby Bridge when I'm not overseas, just along the canal from Shire cruises, some good footage of the beautiful countryside in the area
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2015, 16:34   #4
wolfy
Senior User

My Car
The Rochdale canal???
Why don't you do some girls bedroom windows?

ЯEPUBLIC OF MANCUИIA
wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2015, 10:15   #5
JAB1a

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo 4 me View Post
Great video.

I've just purchased an AR drone 2.0 to get some practice in as I had a hubsan x4 that decided to fly away lol

I'm looking to get a dji phantom 2 vision plus v3 in a few weeks as the new phantom 3 is due out soon so I hope the price will drop on the phantom 2 as it's around £800 atm.

Have you had any experience/knowledge of the phantom drones ? If so what's your opinion on them ?

A local guy has been posting some videos of him flying his phantom and all I can say is he must have the biggest balls as the range he takes it to is crazy.video link below -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TfzLiCDM8E
Wow that's some brave flying, love the distance he got there. The phantom is perfect for the photographer or video buff that wants to get the most amazing aerial shots, however, the Phantom is not good for someone that wants to have fun doing FPV, as a tool for photography the Phantom is excellent at its job, for FPV close proximity its terrible lol

As long as you read the instructions, watch some YouTube video's on its safe operation then you will get on very well with the Phantom as its a very reliable stead platform.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: