Lancer Register Forum banner

500 mile RS Recommission

29K views 141 replies 57 participants last post by  A12DY B 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had this car for a while now but I wanted to wait until I had it finished before I put a thread up about it as I've been too busy working on it.
I stupidly put pressure on myself to have it ready this year for the JCC indoor show in the Titanic Exhibition Centre on the 9th July but managed to get the car completed and was fortunate enough to be rewarded for my effort.

The car itself is a 2007 EVO 9 MR RS with 569 miles on the clock, it is a EUROPEAN chassis numbered car and came with passengers airbag, electric mirrors (not folding), ABS, Brembo brakes, air conditioning, rear fog light built into OSR tail lamp, spare wheel and jack etc.
When the car was new it was retro fitted with a full turbo back 3 inch mongoose exhaust system, HKS super air flow induction kit and a SSQV HKS blow off dump valve. I have all the standard parts put back on the car but have retained the exhaust.

The car obviously has been parked up most of its life so the plan was to replace all belts, fluids, oils etc and give it a good clean but it went a bit further than that, these are the first pictures of the car after I had it transported to my house.

The front number plate plinth has never been fitted

More to follow.

See less See more
#74 ·
I was only thinking the other day if there might be an unregistered IX anywhere?

Your car really could've just had a PDI, been registered, and an extended dry delivery to a customer. If you think about that for a sec.. it's as new condition car is it not?

I have been planning an under-body resto on mine for a while now. I now have a wet blaster, and dry blaster, and other things to achieve my goals.

I think your pics are going to inspire quite a few to restore their cars. I know I'm going to keep looking at yours for a long time.

Amazing find.. congrats.

:smthumbup

#76 ·
I was only thinking the other day if there might be an unregistered IX anywhere?

Your car really could've just had a PDI, been registered, and an extended dry delivery to a customer. If you think about that for a sec.. it's as new condition car is it not?

I have been planning an under-body resto on mine for a while now. I now have a wet blaster, and dry blaster, and other things to achieve my goals.

I think your pics are going to inspire quite a few to restore their cars. I know I'm going to keep looking at yours for a long time.

Amazing find.. congrats.

:smthumbup
Thanks Dave

I think as time goes on there will be more people if they are keeping them may well be restoring their Evo's, you only have to look at the MLR projects and restorations now to see the amount of car builds being undertaken.
If this thread helps or inspires someone to work on their own car in any shape or form that can only be a good thing.
When you start a build on your own car get a thread up with pictures.

#77 · (Edited)
In no particular order these are a few pictures of the car after its recommissioning, I will get some proper photographs taken whenever I get a chance.

Under bonnet

Interior

I bought these genuine mats 2 years ago from a Mitsubishi main dealers, the car didn't come to me with mats so these are perfect for it.

Underside

[/ur]

[url=https://postimg.org/image/7j553m9kl/]

These pictures were taken at the JCC car show on the 9th of July, I was that busy at the show I forgot all about taking any pictures :wallbang:

#90 · (Edited)
Wow! And i thought mine was low milage!

Enjoyed reading through that Paul, mega car and credit to you for doing it all properly! Great work. Definitely a keeper!:smthumbup

Mine is one of the Japanese imports that were brought in by Nigel. Its got electric windows but no other specced options that yours has. Its nice to have the power windows but other than that i prefer the very basic spec.

No passinger airbag or sun visor
No ABS
No Aircon
No radio originally, its got one now but its never used
Boot area totally untrimmed with no spare wheel just some deflation moose and a electric compressor
MR badge on the boot
When it was new it had the same splitter as yours but was fitted with the steel wheels and gravel spec basic brakes.

Im very particular about looking after it but when it does go out in good non winter weather it gets driven!

#93 ·
Wow! And i thought mine was low milage!

Enjoyed reading through that Paul, mega car and credit to you for doing it all properly! Great work. Definitely a keeper!:smthumbup

Mine is one of the Japanese imports that were brought in by Nigel. Its got electric windows but no other specced options that yours has. Its nice to have the power windows but other than that i prefer the very basic spec.

No passinger airbag or sun visor
No ABS
No Aircon
No radio originally, its got one now but its never used
Boot area totally untrimmed with no spare wheel just some deflation moose and a electric compressor
MR badge on the boot
When it was new it had the same splitter as yours but was fitted with the steel wheels and gravel spec basic brakes.

Im very particular about looking after it but when it does go out in good non winter weather it gets driven!
Thanks for that Cal, any new updates on your own car ?

#94 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by war-machine View Post
all the bolts that your cleaning have a gold finish to stop them rusting !
cleaning them up and removing this finish you've not got no protection for them and will rust if left out in rain...just thought i would mention this

These are the new type- clear/silver zink.

As Gg3001 as mentioned the bolts/nuts on the car have the silver finish on them, they are not or were not zinc plated.
The fact you thought I would/had removed the zinc finish did give me a chuckle.

#97 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by war-machine View Post
all the bolts that your cleaning have a gold finish to stop them rusting !
cleaning them up and removing this finish you've not got no protection for them and will rust if left out in rain...just thought i would mention this

These are the new type- clear/silver zink.

As Gg3001 as mentioned the bolts/nuts on the car have the silver finish on them, they are not or were not zinc plated.
The fact you thought I would/had removed the zinc finish did give me a chuckle.
thanks for the info on zinc plated
didnt mean to criticise your lovely build
keep up the good work and thanks for sharing pics

#95 · (Edited)
Wow! The 'unicorn'! One over here in The 'States an Evo IX GSR that was never titled, with 05 miles on ebay is up to $107,000US now. And the auction is not over yet! Your car is unreal! How can you stand not to drive it though? Lol! She now belongs in a museum! Best of luck! There's a lot of jealous people all over that want this car! I am one of them!

#124 ·
Ive had a few pm's about this car cover so if anyone is thinking of buying a Cosmos car cover for their EVO 7/8/9 this is my findings on sizing.
Let's be honest they aren't an expensive car cover and you can't expect to have it all your own way but at least you want it to fit correctly well I do anyway.
When I fitted the size large cover in July of this year I wasn't happy with the fitment at the back of the car but because the car doesn't get used I had forgot all about it. It was only when Mr Max commented on the thread about the car and I posted a picture of it parked up with the cover on it that I realised I had to sort the cover fitment out.

Maybe it was my OCD kicking in again but I ordered an extra large cover and these are the pictures of BOTH Car covers, if anyone is looking for an as new Cosmos size large car cover give me a shout, from what I know it will fit an EVO 5,6 and 10 without any issues.

First of all I want to apologise for the picture quality it's at night in a garage enough said.

This is front end fitment on both size L and XL

Rear end fitment size L

Rear end fitment with size XL

Cover fitted and back into hibernation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.