Need some advice before buy - Page 3 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > Used Car Information

Old 08-03-2019, 19:16   #31
super rover
acting daft since 1969

Car: E7 RS RALLY CAR
My Car
there no dought the rivits and chassis plate are legit ,aling with the chassis number how its over painted red which youd stuggle to replicate if you wanted to ring it
its just the bulkhead braces thats oodd

i understand the lack of the strut brace bolt holes could simply be they never supplied a 3 point brace for LHD due to the design ,hense why theres some 2 point ones with mitsubishi motors on ,so they could be factory supplied

<<<<<<<<< THIS

HERE >>>> https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=579947
super rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2019, 19:26   #32
super rover
acting daft since 1969

My Car
https://www.lancerregister.com/showt...=574722&page=3

post 38 shows another LHD TME ,NO strut brace bolt holes,so thats that answered i suppose , BUT its got chassis braces ??????

OP may be its worth contacting the guy who started the above thread to see what he can help with as there cant be many silver LHD TMEs

<<<<<<<<< THIS

The Following User Says Thank You to super rover For This Useful Post:
Filipe Dias (08-03-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 08:23   #33
MAXITURBO

Thanks again, I apreciate so much your support!
I will be posting all the pics and information about the car this afternoon, so you can help me to take a decision.
Will love to be part of the family of the MLR.
Thanks!
MAXITURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:36   #34
MAXITURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by super rover View Post
https://www.lancerregister.com/showt...=574722&page=3

post 38 shows another LHD TME ,NO strut brace bolt holes,so thats that answered i suppose , BUT its got chassis braces ??????

OP may be its worth contacting the guy who started the above thread to see what he can help with as there cant be many silver LHD TMEs
Nice information Super rover, Keneths car looks awesome, but im trying to send him a private message but Im not allowed. Hope he can come to my post and give me some advice.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:35   #35
super rover
acting daft since 1969

My Car
IF at all possable we could do with a picture of the rear end underneath that will help us more

im still of the opionion ,as is a freind of mine whos had ALLOT of LHD cars, that the lack of chassis brackets means its NOT an evo shell but a 2WD mivic ,some pictures of the underneath of the rear end would help

<<<<<<<<< THIS

Old 10-03-2019, 23:02   #36
MAXITURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichW View Post
I'm not comfortable with the rivets in the chassis plate, though the stamped number looks legit

Heres three i have, top one is mine, other two off google search, other a members car off here. The rivets are much smaller ..... and that car has marks next to the rivets, as though the drill slipped?
you are totally right with the rivets, so i assume the engine bay have been repainted and they removed the plate, but the vin number on the chassis its the same, so the car its a true TME edition.

What worries me most is that the car has had a strong blow.

I need to make a quick decision, because I start working hard soon and I will not have time to go see the car.

I am impressed with your support and I appreciate it very much.

I'm going to present all the information I have about the car and if it seems good to you we made a decision. I will go see the car based on your opinion.

The car has about 80k miles, the modifications it has are:
larger turbo, sport clutch, air filter and intake, waste gate and ferrite exhaust.
Car costs around 34k pounds, Lhd cars are way more expensive than rhd cars. To give you an idea, people are asking for 20k forRHD cars converted to LHD cars and registered in my country.
currently it is very difficult to register a car with short vin number in my country, near impossible.

Now I send you all the photos I have, I will erase them in a week or so to avoid harming the seller.

Last edited by MAXITURBO; 10-03-2019 at 23:16..
Old 10-03-2019, 23:04   #37
MAXITURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by super rover View Post
IF at all possable we could do with a picture of the rear end underneath that will help us more

im still of the opionion ,as is a freind of mine whos had ALLOT of LHD cars, that the lack of chassis brackets means its NOT an evo shell but a 2WD mivic ,some pictures of the underneath of the rear end would help
pics i have of the underneath are those, hope it helps:

Last edited by MAXITURBO; 10-03-2019 at 23:05..
Old 11-03-2019, 07:35   #38
super rover
acting daft since 1969

My Car
with the price tag being what it is means youve ever right to be cautious ,and yiu can see why some one would take a 2 wd and convert it as LHD EVO shells are rare where as lancers where everywhere ,the missing chassis brackets are the issue ,the crease youve shown isnt anything to worry about thats just rough pressings thats often hidden with the chassis brackets ,its the lack of the brackets thats the issue

its not had an accident the paints and seal sealants factory and not easy to replicate if needed

from the pictues it hard to know ,could we see where the center propshaft mounting go in the tunnel they need welding on on a 2wd shell also in the boot with out the soare wheel and carpet ,but i cant see a dealer letting you go that far as it is a bit cheeki

im sorry i dont feel like i being much help ,id know instantly looking at the car with my own eyes ,but its hard to see with pictures whats what
if some one has bothered to covert the car they will have done a VERY good job the lack of the chassis brace brackets would have been VERY easily over looked and most wouldnt have noticed it

<<<<<<<<< THIS

Old 24-03-2019, 09:46   #39
super rover
acting daft since 1969

My Car
Did you buy the car then ?????

<<<<<<<<< THIS

Old 26-03-2019, 21:19   #40
looking4a5

Car: V gsr
All lhd evo’s have the brackets and don’t have the strut brace holes .strange this one doesn’t have the brackets.strange also it seem to have the sealant for bracket on the strut towers..
looking4a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2019, 07:22   #41
super rover
acting daft since 1969

My Car
id just like to know if the dude bought it or not

it took some digging to help out thats for sure

<<<<<<<<< THIS

Mitsubishi Lancer Register