Fitting Meister CRD - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Suspension / Handling

Old 23-03-2019, 08:13   #1
Reverend_Ryno
User

Question Fitting Meister CRD

Hello

Fitting a used set of meister crd coilovers to my Evo 6. Iím unsure what ride height they were set up at on the previous owners vehicle but comparing them to the originals Iíve removed from mine theyíre set a lot shorter!!

To save me time with adjusting could anyone help me get quickly to be within the right ball park? Ideally would like to know the height or number of threads you set yours to for similar to standard ride height or slightly lower than standard (front and rear?). Iím not looking for a huge drop.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Attached Images

Reverend_Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-03-2019, 09:46   #2
plip1953
Phil

Car: Evo X 300 SST
My Car
What were they previously fitted to? I don't really think you have any alternative but to fit them, see how the car sits, and then make adjustments from that base point.
Reverend_Ryno (26-03-2019)
Old 23-03-2019, 10:04   #3
Benzo
User

Car: Evo 8 FQ300
My Car
I have just fitted meister r's to my 8, and due to a higher spring rate, they will have to be lower for you to get to the same height.
Reverend_Ryno (26-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-2019, 17:36   #4
MikeC
Senior User

Car: Red E5
Youíre not going to get an accurate measure on this. Each car needs to be set up based on chassis measurements. You will need an alignment anyway, so fit to drive somewhere for a proper setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 09:51   #5
Clivew
Transmission Dynamics

Car: Highly Modded E6 T04Z/2.2ltr, E91 325D Ohlins/M3 bushes, Renaultsport Megane RS250 Cup.
My Car
Comparing the standard strut to a coilover off the car tells you nothing as they have a totally different extended length. Either speak to Meister and ask them for the standard settings in regards to spring perch height, or fit to car and adjust as necessary.

'There is no worse bitterness than to reach the end of your life and realise you have not lived'
Clivew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 19:37   #6
Reverend_Ryno
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Youíre not going to get an accurate measure on this. Each car needs to be set up based on chassis measurements. You will need an alignment anyway, so fit to drive somewhere for a proper setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah agree on alignment - I have planned to do that as soon as fitted and back on the road
Old 26-03-2019, 19:40   #7
Reverend_Ryno
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clivew View Post
Comparing the standard strut to a coilover off the car tells you nothing as they have a totally different extended length. Either speak to Meister and ask them for the standard settings in regards to spring perch height, or fit to car and adjust as necessary.
Cheers Clive. I did email Meister before putting this post on but they said they didnít have that detail. Just wanted a ball park idea as a starting point to save me having to keep repeating jacking up/adjusting/lowering. Looks like Iíll just have to stick it on the ground at current set up (slowly in case it tries to stuff the wheels through the arches. and see where I am. Cheers
Old 26-03-2019, 20:56   #8
MikeC
Senior User

Car: Red E5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Ryno View Post
Cheers Clive. I did email Meister before putting this post on but they said they didn’t have that detail. Just wanted a ball park idea as a starting point to save me having to keep repeating jacking up/adjusting/lowering. Looks like I’ll just have to stick it on the ground at current set up (slowly in case it tries to stuff the wheels through the arches. and see where I am. Cheers
They didn’t have that detail? What a load of tosh!

Essentially, as you didn’t buy from them new directly, they can’t be arsed. If the manufacturer doesn’t have the basic settings, what hope does anyone else have.

Glad I opted for Ohlins when I was buying. Didn’t like their attitude when other brands were discussed!
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 21:08   #9
Reverend_Ryno
User

Quote:
They didn’t have that detail? What a load of tosh!

Essentially, as you didn’t buy from them new directly, they can’t be arsed. If the manufacturer doesn’t have the basic settings, what hope does anyone else have.

Glad I opted for Ohlins when I was buying. Didn’t like their attitude when other brands were discussed!
Hmmmm. I was surprised too. I even bought their proper adjustment spanner’s from them at £25 so they got some money out of me anyway....! (And they knew I’d placed that order when I asked for the info)
Old 01-04-2019, 13:52   #10
Jerrick L

Quote:
They didnít have that detail? What a load of tosh!

Essentially, as you didnít buy from them new directly, they canít be arsed. If the manufacturer doesnít have the basic settings, what hope does anyone else have.

Glad I opted for Ohlins when I was buying. Didnít like their attitude when other brands were discussed!
When I get ask what ride height coilovers will sit, I honestly cannot tell you.
I cannot say if you adjusted to X setting, it will sit perfect at 13" ride height.
There are way too many variable.

MeisterR coilovers comes completely assembled, so the best I can provide is the out of the box setting so it is as close to out of the box as it is.
I provided customer that info, but that still doesn't give you the ride height once fitted to the car.

I can only provide what data I have, otherwise your guess is as good as mine.

Jerrick
Jerrick L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 19:47   #11
Reverend_Ryno
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrick L View Post
When I get ask what ride height coilovers will sit, I honestly cannot tell you.
I cannot say if you adjusted to X setting, it will sit perfect at 13" ride height.
There are way too many variable.

MeisterR coilovers comes completely assembled, so the best I can provide is the out of the box setting so it is as close to out of the box as it is.
I provided customer that info, but that still doesn't give you the ride height once fitted to the car.

I can only provide what data I have, otherwise your guess is as good as mine.

Jerrick
Hi Jerrick

Totally get that... I wasnít expecting an accurate right first time measurement but just a ball park to know if they are currently set miles off or not. Even the out the box measurement would have helped. After purchasing the adjustment spannerís I also asked via email for the instruction manual to understand torque settings for the top mount bolts but I never heard back from Edwin? Could you help with that? Email was sent on 8th March.

Cheers

Ryan
Old 04-04-2019, 21:26   #12
Jerrick L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend_Ryno View Post
Hi Jerrick

Totally get that... I wasnít expecting an accurate right first time measurement but just a ball park to know if they are currently set miles off or not. Even the out the box measurement would have helped. After purchasing the adjustment spannerís I also asked via email for the instruction manual to understand torque settings for the top mount bolts but I never heard back from Edwin? Could you help with that? Email was sent on 8th March.

Cheers

Ryan
Front: Mount surface of the top mount to the centre of the lower bolt hole - 470mm
Rear: Mount surface of the top mount to centre of the bolt hole - 560mm

Springs pre-load is 2mm in the front and in the rear.

That is the out of the box setting.

Jerrick
Jerrick L is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: