Toyota GR Yaris - Page 8 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Other Vehicles > Non-Mitsubishi Vehicles

Old 04-01-2021, 21:45   #106
willox
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeler View Post
Iíve watched every review etc on them bud and they do look fantastic, but it would be a car I need to pick the kids up in and living on IOM trackdays will be few and far between, so Iíve weighed up what I really want and a good road that I can use and thatís capable on track every now and then. So at the moment a good M car is ticking the boxes.

Maybe once the Yaris is on the scene and I get to have a drive and see whatís available tuning wise etc and how they fair up I might have a change of heart
Haven't read much on them but all reviews are 5 star, watched ecoty on itv4 and it did look fun on a wet Anglsey circuit.Sure it would be a fun car to own for the thrill of driving.Be folk doing the mods for them and sure it will be one of those cars that will change hands once folks had a play.Be nice to get a drive in one M car will tick the boxes for that job,Yaris knocking on used M2 Comp money.CS is nice, standard ones are nice modded up
willox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2021, 23:30   #107
peeler
Senior User

Car: RED TME, Transit M-Sport, Range Rover Lumma GTevo
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
Haven't read much on them but all reviews are 5 star, watched ecoty on itv4 and it did look fun on a wet Anglsey circuit.Sure it would be a fun car to own for the thrill of driving.Be folk doing the mods for them and sure it will be one of those cars that will change hands once folks had a play.Be nice to get a drive in one M car will tick the boxes for that job,Yaris knocking on used M2 Comp money.CS is nice, standard ones are nice modded up
Agree mate, I bought liddys M3 it had camber plates , Alcon discs and a tweak from RossW was mega. I read what you wrote on the other thread and it was a great read as you know your stuff

2013, Norris Designs 100k+ build , issues at every event entered

2014 2nd MLRSS Class B

2015,16 MLRSS class B champion , 2015,16 IOM 3day Manxhill climb champion
peeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peeler For This Useful Post:
willox (05-01-2021)
Old 15-01-2021, 11:56   #108
forest172
Senior User

Car: X RS & Focus RS mk.2
My Car
mine`s gone into build, and should be here mid March, straight to NigelS for cat back.
forest172 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to forest172 For This Useful Post:
nigelS (16-01-2021)
Old 16-01-2021, 23:43   #109
nigelS
Senior User

Car: Concours Evo VI RS
C-TEC GR Yaris Development

Collected a GR Yaris last Tuesday, kindly loaned by Toyota so we could start our initial development works. I have a number of cars on order, but we aren't likely to see the first batch until March. It can't come quick enough, and we had always planned to have a true 3" cat back system ready for the first of our customer cars arriving.

For those of you that have driven one, you will know the exhaust noise is almost non existant. Euro emission and noise regs play a huge part in what manufacturers deliver to us, and I'm sure GR Toyota would have a completely different sounding car if their hands weren't tied. More on how weve addressed this shortly.

I had very high expectations for this car, and the first drive confirmed what an exceptional car the GR Yaris is. For a stock car at this price range, it is absolutely staggering what GR and Toyota have achieved. Sure, it's not the quickest car, but it was never built to be setting the 1/4 mile strip alight. Give it corners, plenty of them and it simply demolishes them. You hardly have time to think about the next corner, before you're in and launched out of it with a level of grip that leaves you thinking you should be pushing so much harder.

It was late evening, 1 to 2 degrees C max, and the P4S tyres could not have been close to optimum operating temp. Diff mode still in normal 60 front 40 rear, and the car was so reluctant to break traction even under heavy acceleration mid corner. Getting back on the throttle earlier than you felt you should, and the traction was still there. Mechanical grip is where this car scores, big time.

So, a genuinely exceptional car out of the box. But nothing is perfect, and the exhaust note really is a disappointment. A true 3" lightweight 304 grade stainless V band cat back is the first C-TEC performance part on the list. We are unable to go any further with the exhaust at this stage, but a front pipe and a full 3" turbo back system will happen. I'll expand further on this later.

For those interested, I can post photos showing initial testing, fabrication process, testing through to final production and install of the C-TEC GR Yaris 3" V band cat back system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nigelS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nigelS For This Useful Post:
Baileyk (17-01-2021), Cardsharky (18-01-2021), Dereksti (17-01-2021), dreMR (17-01-2021), Goginawa (17-01-2021), Humps85 (17-01-2021), M3 ROB (17-01-2021), Mick-87 (18-01-2021), notenoughtime (17-01-2021), peeler (18-01-2021), Robbo777 (17-01-2021), sonetts (17-01-2021), Trev-the-Rev (17-01-2021), willox (17-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 20:27   #110
nigelS
Senior User

OEM GR Yaris Exhaust System

Let's start with the OEM system, small diameter tube section e.g. 42mm OD tail pipe feeds from the rear cylindrical silencer into 70mm OD tail pipes. Huge emphasis on noise reduction, even the tail pipes incorporate perforated silencers.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nigelS; 17-01-2021 at 20:31..
The Following User Says Thank You to nigelS For This Useful Post:
Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 20:34   #111
nigelS
Senior User

Anyone now how I can sort the image orientation?
Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 20:34   #112
nigelS
Senior User

Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 20:35   #113
nigelS
Senior User

Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nigelS For This Useful Post:
Humps85 (17-01-2021), Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 21:13   #114
nigelS
Senior User

OEM GR Yaris cat back system weight
Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 21:38   #115
nigelS
Senior User

Fabrication underway, we are using light weight 1.2mm 304 grade stainless throughout to produce a true 3" cat back system. For anyone considering other systems HKS, TRD, JCR etc, they are not offering a true 3" system. As always with any C-TEC system, performance and fabrication quality is our main focus, hence why we have gone with 76mm.

The entire system is hand made, hand tig welded back purged. We do not buy in silencer sections, we fabricate and pack these ourselves. We have gone with a 2 piece cat back system, 3" stainless V band connection. Another feature which sets us apart, V band is typically reserved for motorsport application. This is a premium quality performance system.

We have not followed the OEM type rear cylindrical silencer design. This reduces weight significantly and increases exhaust noise. We are using a relatively small 4.5" centre silencer on this resonated system. There is ample space to have used a much larger silencer if required, however our testing dictated we kept the silencer diameter at 4.5" to achieve a distinctive C-TEC exhaust note
Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 21:40   #116
nigelS
Senior User

Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 21:41   #117
nigelS
Senior User

Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 21:43   #118
nigelS
Senior User

Centre silencer tacked up and offered in position.
Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Old 17-01-2021, 21:47   #119
nigelS
Senior User

Cat back system tacked up with V band. Alignment and clearance checked and optimised. Ignore tail pipe tube feed length as this shows prior to cut to length stage.
Attached Images

Old 17-01-2021, 21:53   #120
nigelS
Senior User

No more nasty, noise reducing, weighty OEM rear silencer. A thing of beauty now, and guaranteed to increase flow, performance, exhaust note......and helps us achieve a 25% weight reduction over the stock cat back
Attached Images

Mick-87 (18-01-2021)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: