Another Evo 4 Restoration Thread - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Projects & Restorations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2020, 20:07   #1
Pushpex
Senior User

My Car
Another Evo 4 Restoration Thread

I bought the car last August for a fairly reasonable price, knowing full well it needed some TLC. The inside smells herbal and there's some spot rust around along the body with some questionable repairs to the rear chassis rails, an intercooler which hardly fits and a stupid subwoofer in the boot wired in in the most chavtastic fashion however it drives OK (although needed a wheel alignment) there's no ayc light and the engine is from an evo 5 (with an evo 9 turbo)

I had a lot of fun driving it, but after being told the wheels couldn't be aligned because the tie rod end boots were perished (spoiler- they weren't) I put it on jackstands and in typical fashion the originally small job just grew.

Taking the wheels off I decided the knuckles could do with a good powdercoating

And whilst I was at it I might as well do the subframe and control arms, however it seems the subframe was mounted with some of the most spectacular welding

Having cut the weld off it seems the reason for the welding was because the bolt had been cross threaded causing the captive nut to destroy the cage, allowing it to spin freely.The only way was to take the head off with an angle grinder to get the subframe out

Whilst I was at it I got some nice evo 5/6 alloy control arms though they needed cleaning up

The tired looking N/S bar

Fujitsubo exhaust (the first mod I did to replace the drainpipe exhaust tip that had been installed) and prop shaft

More to come...

Last edited by Pushpex; 23-05-2020 at 21:51..
Pushpex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pushpex For This Useful Post:
Alex T (24-05-2020), Christopher (20-06-2020), evo5d (23-05-2020)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: