Lancer Register Forum banner

Ecu mapping for beginner

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  robert12345 
#1 ·
Hi so im in the position of wanting to teach myself how to map my evo
I have all the right equipment LC1 wide band ecu flash and evo scan
I have downloaded the rom off my ecu . I understand some of the information
That im looking at . But don't no where to start with regards to remapping and in what order to start changing things . If anyone could help me out with some information or point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

#6 ·
ive recently had a new ECU fitted to the rally car, my pal is very capable of doing the numbers ,and we have sorted it now ,the car runs great in the garage but now we need to get it on the rollers to get it set properly
running it up and down the road is all well and good but its not ideal unless your only making minor changes
personally i wouldnt start mapping on these engines there hardly cheap nor in plentyfull supply to be able to bung another in if you knip a piston ,over speed a turbo or something far worse

while ive learnt loads off my pal ,i had a basic understanding having tweeked my EMERALD ecu on my old MG ,to get the best out of these things its best handed over to a pro to do the finished articale on a set of rollers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.