Lancer Register Forum banner

Toyota GR Yaris

13K views 60 replies 19 participants last post by  A12DY B 
#1 ·
Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this yet?

So it has very similar stats to the Evo II GSR for weight and power / torque.

Not sure if I like it or not? Will need to see one in the flesh, but think I prefer it in Black.

Bit costly at £30k aswell (£33k for the track pack).

& an "RS" type spec model for Japan only so sure a few grey imports will make their way over.

https://www.evo.co.uk/toyota/yaris/...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

#5 ·
This looks to be a proper little engineered driver's car...

Fitted with a proper centre-coupling 4WD system, and lots of other lightweight engineering, sounds like it would be a proper hoot to drive.

Definitely worth a look when they arrive.

Reactions: Christopher
#20 ·
The way the japanese performance car market is in the uk currently, i think it's certainly a serious contender.

I believe their is a standard and a hot version, not sure if it old thing of japan getting the hot version tho? Ive not been out anywhere, or spoken to anyone since march! :D

Had herd that it has been shelved for the 2020 release?

Any way great video on youtube

I have no affiliation with this person, just thought i'd share!

SB

#34 · (Edited)
Deffo red for me - love the spec & detail on this car.

Built light
Vented discs F&R
4 pots up front with 2 piece discs
Assume those front ducts are brake vents
DAB / Cruise control / Satnav etc
Intercooler spray button :)
You just know these are going to remap up to 300bhp.
Forged Alloys
Driver select modes
Lush Seats
6 Speed manual with a proper handbrake
Carbon (effect) roof

#38 ·
Aye that was one of the few things I liked about my scooby 🙂
"38 kg has been shaved from a normal Yaris bodyshell. With its carbon-fibre polymer roof, frameless doors and aluminium bonnet, doors and tailgate"

All the pictures show a black roof, so I assume unpainted?

The roofline is 91mm lower than a standard Yaris, that may not be good news for you Geoff!
Obviously, some of that is suspension etc, but it looks like they've shaved some off the internal headroom at that, they must be able to mount the seats lower in the WRC car.

The rims look the same on the standard model but I've seen mention that part of the circuit pack upgrade is lightweight rims (same 10 spoke design etc)

#52 ·
You're just trying to cause trouble!! :tsk: ;)

In other news, got my viewing booked for 6th September, it takes that long for it to find it's way up north!

Salesman says we can only view it, he can get in, start it up, rev the engine! or do whatever I ask..........I suggested a couple of doughnuts!!!!

All taking place in the car park (not inside) May as well serve Big Macs with it!! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

#59 ·
Yeomans Toyota Brighton
351 South Coast Road, Telscombe Cliffs, Brighton, East Sussex, BN10 7HH
Sales: 01273 582428
Dear Grant,

My name is Craig and I will be happy to assist you with your enquiry today. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help.

I see you have shown interest in the Toyota Yaris GR. Are there any question you have regarding the car?

Do you have a car that you are looking to part exchange?

Are you looking to pay cash or take out some finance with us. We offer PCP and HP finance plans for Yaris GR.

We will have the Yaris GR to look at on the 24th and 25th September. Would you like to book a half an hour slot to come and look at it on one of those days?

Thank you once again for contacting Yeomans Toyota Brighton. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours sincerely,
Craig Pelton
Sales Executive

Clueless muppet :confused:

#60 ·
Doesn’t sound the sharpest :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.