Disabled evo owners - Page 8 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Non-Lancer Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-02-2015, 17:04   #106
bye_all_c_ya
Senior User

Car: evo 5 forged. 205s turbo.head work. 272 hks cams and some bling
My Car
Damaged . Devic's disease is what I'm being investigated for atm and being transferred to Oxford Centre . I lost both legs and currently after 3 course steroids got use of legs bk . Bladder is coming bk to a fashion and bowels I'm hoping will follow . I currently have continuous tingling in both legs and have started to get temperature sensation back in my feet . So hoping I'll regain alot of lost sensations back but happy to walk again either way.
Ino there is people with ms on here . Anyone with devic's ?
bye_all_c_ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-02-2015, 17:20   #107
ray671984

Car: Mitsubishi Evo Vll GT-A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bye_all_c_ya View Post
Damaged . Devic's disease is what I'm being investigated for atm and being transferred to Oxford Centre . I lost both legs and currently after 3 course steroids got use of legs bk . Bladder is coming bk to a fashion and bowels I'm hoping will follow . I currently have continuous tingling in both legs and have started to get temperature sensation back in my feet . So hoping I'll regain alot of lost sensations back but happy to walk again either way.
Ino there is people with ms on here . Anyone with devic's ?
Take each day as it comes and keep your chin up i have good days and very bad ones but i tend not to moan about it or to the mrs i just get on with it i know i will never get any better and there is no cure plus there is all ways someone worse off round the next corner.

Ray
bye_all_c_ya (24-02-2015), parapower (25-02-2015)
Old 24-02-2015, 23:50   #108
Richkarma

Car: FQ330 SST
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapower View Post
Hiya Bud

Just interested when you said above "...when I was paralysed, but now back on my feet".

Are you paralysed as in a "complete" spinal injury (where the spinal cord is severed) or are you "incomplete" (where the spinal cord is damaged)?

Mark.
Hi, I too am an incomplete para since 1987 when I had a bike accident. I manage to get around on crutches and have hand controls on my evo

Rich
Old 08-03-2015, 19:46   #109
Asmart01

Hi I'm a new evo owner with spinal cord injury just thought id say hi in this section
Asmart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Asmart01 For This Useful Post:
davie-evo4 (18-04-2015), Richkarma (09-03-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 20:05   #110
parapower

Car: MITSUBISHI EVO 5
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmart01 View Post
Hi I'm a new evo owner with spinal cord injury just thought id say hi in this section
Welcome to the forum pal

I'm another pea in the same pod as you.

Mark
Richkarma (09-03-2015)
Old 18-04-2015, 11:02   #111
backagain

I know this is a little off topic but having had a disabled mother for the first 23 years of my life with wheelchair adaptations, hand throttle and brake controls etc. - True petrol head, Supra Turbos, Cosworths, etc... A friend of mine at the time who lost an arm in a motorbike accident bought the one car which surprised us most. It was an early WRX auto (93-94 ish). Still to this day one of the most violently accelerating cars I've ever been in and an auto box which was awesome...

I'd imagine these can be had really cheaply nowadays (far cheaper than Evo's) and would make an awesome bargain track hooner for any non able bodied driver fancying trying their skills on a track without breaking the bank

Just my 2p...
backagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 11:50   #112
davie-evo4
Regional Organiser

Car: A slow yin
My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
I know this is a little off topic but having had a disabled mother for the first 23 years of my life with wheelchair adaptations, hand throttle and brake controls etc. - True petrol head, Supra Turbos, Cosworths, etc... A friend of mine at the time who lost an arm in a motorbike accident bought the one car which surprised us most. It was an early WRX auto (93-94 ish). Still to this day one of the most violently accelerating cars I've ever been in and an auto box which was awesome...

I'd imagine these can be had really cheaply nowadays (far cheaper than Evo's) and would make an awesome bargain track hooner for any non able bodied driver fancying trying their skills on a track without breaking the bank

Just my 2p...
Member on here,Lawsy, in the same situation as your mate,races evo's at the sprints and ain't no slouch. Theirs a few videos on here with him driving and he drives like f**k.

Tony Beets.....The Legend.
davie-evo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2015, 21:36   #113
backagain

Yeah, we used to race Rotax Max's and he then moved on to 250 gearbox karts, hand clutch and foot gear change the crazy *******! Used to break / fracture ribs regularly when cornering, due to not having both hands on the wheel to steady himself.
backagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 18:40   #114
Gavalar
Senior User

Car: Evo 9 fq360 Mr
Good on ya mate just because you have a disability does not mean you can't kick some ass in a evo . Keep the dream alive Mate screw the haters
Gavalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 19:03   #115
parapower

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post

Just my 2p...
Cheers for the info bud

I had a '93 WRX Auto, and like you say it accelerated immediately.....no lag at all.......perfect

It was one of the best cars I've ever had for lemonade money

They would make good track day cars.....seem to be getting scarce now though
Old 01-12-2015, 10:25   #116
Alan morrison

Car: r34gtt & wifes r33 gtst 330hp
does any one have a disabled sticker on there evo? we have one on the back of our stagea as fed up with the looks when we pull in to a disabled parking spot

Alan morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:40   #117
parapower

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan morrison View Post
does any one have a disabled sticker on there evo? we have one on the back of our stagea as fed up with the looks when we pull in to a disabled parking spot

Hi Alan,

I think you're just asking for trouble with a badge like that. I personally think it's disgusting and would certainly give people with a disability a bad name.

I also think it would encourage people to damage to your car.

I'd remove it....just my 5p's worth with being disabled myself.

Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: