Evo VII-IX Caution - Electrics! - Page 7 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Electrical / Security / ICE / Navigation

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-02-2013, 10:48   #91
BAZRS2000

Car: EVO VIII 260 modding in progress
Ticking on turnover sounds like a goosed battery, try another first if you can get a lend of one...but if its doing all those other things best to get an autospark to look at it!
BAZRS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-10-2013, 14:21   #92
Dooksy

Car: Integra DC5
My Car
Hmm.

My intercooler spray hasn't worked for months. Haven't ever really looked into why and now I've spotted this thread.

What I don't understand is why this work is not covered by Mitsubishi under a safety recall? Has anyone tried pushing for the work or spoken to Mitsubishi about this?

It is clearly a design fault that can do some serious damage to cars.
Dooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 17:46   #93
Dooksy

Car: Integra DC5
My Car
Well I worked the spray out, the plug had come loose under the trim where the button is. My cables are all bone dry though.
Dooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2014, 16:08   #94
Jakeh
Senior User

Car: 9 Wagon
My thanks to the OP and contributors to this thread. The wagon wouldn't start this morning - the last time I used it was on a sodden drive back from Shrewsbury to London last weekend in a torrential downpour most of the way. I found I had a good dose of this nightmare when I worked out from a bit of searching that this was a potential cause. 6 crimps later (bloody fiddly in that corner isn't it) and it was back up and running. I've got to do the Steveolution perma-fix tomorrow, but thanks for getting me running again!
Jakeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakeh For This Useful Post:
Rampant (14-01-2014)
Old 19-01-2014, 16:49   #95
tobys

Car: 8 MR FQ-340
My Car
Could someone post (or PM me) where to buy the replacement plugs from please?

A pin in my 20pin one disintegrated when i took it apart, due to corrosion!

Thank a lot! Toby

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk WinPhone8
Old 19-01-2014, 17:22   #96
GAZ5EVO

Car: None at mo
You would be better getting rid of the plug and just join all the wires together making sure to use heat shrink

Indigo-GT 01495 719720
I am who I am
GAZ5EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:30   #97
Ichigo0Soul

This thread has been extremely useful in helping me diagnose my electrical issues. I bought a flood damaged Evo 8 a couple of weeks ago, and since it snowed it has been freaking out. My lights don't turn off, the wipers either work or don't work, the SRS light is on, and my sunroof doesn't work. My rear wiper has never worked, and I've been told that it's on the same circuit as the sunroof. All of that seems indicative of the corroded connector issue, but I'm having other problems as well.

I was driving my car and it stalled at an intersection and wouldn't start back up. The starter didn't even engage. I did a couple of ignition cycles and managed to start it, then proceeded to my destination thinking nothing of it. When I arrived I shut off the ignition and removed the key, but the engine didn't stop. I tried the ignition cycle thing again to no avail. I had to stall the car out to shut the engine off. It's been like that since, and that was about 3 days ago.

I also have a check engine light for my idle air control sensor. The car struggles to idle when it's been sitting for a long period of time, but I was told that's normal because it has aftermarket cams. The previous owner of the vehicle told me that he replaced the whole system but the code wouldn't go away.

Could those problems also be caused by a bad connector? Is it possible that I have damage to a different one as well, since the car was underwater? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ichigo0Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2014, 23:00   #98
Mr. N

I was gonna post a thread about my door always locking but then I saw this one so I immediately can ask this question here.

Could this connector also have something to do with the problem the car sometimes just falls dead when driving? I have had it 3 times in the year I own my evo. 3 times it was when I was making a turn, the engine stops running, no servo steering!! All the lights on the dash go on and you need to start the car again.. When this happend the first time I just made a turn, it was in the city so I was driving 10 mph, started the car, no problem... It happened a few months ago but then I was on the exit of the motorway driving 50-55 mph.. Almost had a heart attack that moment!! And a half hour ago it happened again, a slight "bend" in the road... But now it just went dead for a second and it started again what causes this??

Regards, Nick
Old 27-02-2014, 05:25   #99
Denyros

Thanks for this, nice info
Old 16-02-2017, 08:58   #100
rob5
Senior User

Car: Evo 8 FQ
My Car
I got my 8 2 weeks ago and looking thru the paperwork it was taken into Mitsubishi dealer who carried out the hard wiring mod when the last owner noticed the indicator s not working also took pics of the work and the before pics show the connectors burnt out.
Work was done at the cost of £799 glad I didn't fork out for it

Last edited by rob5; 16-02-2017 at 08:59..
rob5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2017, 07:28   #101
Mattyra

Had a problem with my Fuel pump it completely failed,

Cut a long story short the cable was corroded in the passenger footwell after days if fault finding (Richard from RGS said check the cable) he was spot on...

cut the cables that we corroded to my surprise some of the cables pulled straight out the block and were corroded so bad that the pin had gone....

I will be cutting all the cables there now and soldering up...

Defiantly worth checking ever so often, i should note check the back of the block not the front as that as where the water gets to.....
Mattyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: