Air Con question - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Technical > Electrical / Security / ICE / Navigation

Old 26-07-2019, 06:42   #1
NasEvo

Car: Evo IX FQ-340
My Car
Air Con question

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing well in this heat? Ok question about Air con. I've searched the forum and everyone has a different problem. So instead decided to leave a post about my symptoms and how to move forward for fault finding.

So after my power upgrades in 2017 I've not used my A/C for the last 2 years. Decided to drive it while the weather was nice and thought ohh it would be nice to use the AC in this heat.. Turned it on and only got hot air blowing through. So off I went to SAC in Coventry.

I advised possible no Gas/Oil since the modification so he did a pressure check for about 30 mins. I also had a look and it seems like pressure was holding well and confirmed no leaks. Gassed up and oiled up (I could see the oil through the inspection hole) I was getting some nice ice cold air.

I must say now that i was getting cold air in to the cabin my palms were nice and dry so spirited drive awaited ahead. After about 20 minutes I noticed the air wasn't as cold but definitely colder than the air outside. I started to smell a smell i could only describe it to be similar to coolant as well.

My question is:

What should I check first? I could take it back to SAC and in the past they have done a smashing job to identify the problem and sorted it for me but seen as its going to rain this weekend i've already parked it up in the garage and thought may be i could have a crack at trouble shooting.

I'll check the fuses when i get home later but if you know which fuse is a common problem please advise.

When I parked up at home both of the AC pipe lines were red hot, should they be hot?

There are no bubbles visible in the oil inspection hole.

Which relay should I be checking? before i end up pulling them all out to check LOL

Also I think SAC do use the dye so I will have a look to for leaks.

Any advice is appreciated.

Evolved Spec: 420Lb-ft/473Bhp by M.G.AUTO MOTORSPORT - Ripley
NasEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-07-2019, 10:24   #2
VI_Shooter
Regional Organiser

Car: Stock Silver VI GSR from Nippon!
My Car
I have heard about people getting a 'fishy' smell when the drain hole gets gummed up. It mentions this in the buyers guide:

https://www.lancerregister.com/art_evobuyersguide.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: