My EVO 8 MR tune-up - Page 9 - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > Marketplace > MLR Platinum Option Trader: M.G Auto Motorsport

Old 27-07-2017, 13:28   #121
Silent_Scone
Senior User

Car: Viii FQ340 MR (Stock - EBC Blue pads)
It's ok I guess.

(Love it)
Silent_Scone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-08-2017, 11:35   #122
cyberfella
Senior User

Nice shot of the car on the Karussell section of the Nurburgring.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:13   #123
war-machine
Senior User

Car: evo 7 rs
loved reading this thread
war-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to war-machine For This Useful Post:
cyberfella (09-10-2017), EvoBlk (29-11-2017)
Old 23-11-2017, 14:49   #124
cyberfella
Senior User

Some bits for sale

I've been making a few changes recently, and as a result, have some "hardly used" parts for sale if anybody's interested.

Standard Evo 8 steering wheel re-trimmed in Alcantara with red centre stripe. (very nice but I didn't want air bags on track when wearing a helmet and using harnesses so this wheel is much better suited to a road going car.

Kakimoto GT1.0Z Racing exhaust (cat back). 103DB, 1mm thick stainless, 8kg, one bend, best exhaust evverrr, and lightest steel exhaust on the market. It pains me to sell this. I'm literally hesitating as I write this, but the truth of the matter is, it's too loud for most UK track days. Agghh man. Do I keep it anyway? i dunno. Offers welcome.

I have MR front and rear seats for sale too if anybody wants a black leather and grey alcantara interior with ralliart logos. condition is good.

Last edited by cyberfella; 24-11-2017 at 06:59.. Reason: forgot about seats
cyberfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 19:36   #125
Cyberstaff
Been here a while now....

My Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfella View Post
I've been making a few changes recently, and as a result, have some "hardly used" parts for sale if anybody's interested.

Standard Evo 8 steering wheel re-trimmed in Alcantara with red centre stripe. (very nice but I didn't want air bags on track when wearing a helmet and using harnesses so this wheel is much better suited to a road going car.

Kakimoto GT1.0Z Racing exhaust (cat back). 103DB, 1mm thick stainless, 8kg, one bend, best exhaust evverrr, and lightest steel exhaust on the market. It pains me to sell this. I'm literally hesitating as I write this, but the truth of the matter is, it's too loud for most UK track days. Agghh man. Do I keep it anyway? i dunno. Offers welcome.
Pm'd
cyberfella (24-11-2017)
Old 11-03-2018, 08:12   #126
cyberfella
Senior User

2018 update. After 2017, it became apparent that I needed to get a lower intercooler pipe custom fabricated and clamped to the j pipe and intercooler to prevent the pipe blowing off under extended hard driving on track. I also needed to address breathing, so the valve cover got replaced with an aluminium one and AN-10 fittings welded on. The OEM design of the PCV system has been retained with a custom fabricated, two oil catch can set up on the "on boost" side, with the "under vacuum" side recirculating to the intake manifold as standard, but using AN-10 line and a Redhorse Performance AN-10 check valve. Due to the immense vacuum leak that AN-10 lines create when plumbed all the way back to the air filter (so the turbo provides a venturi effect to suck the pressure out the crank case on boost), there is also a Redhorse Performance AN-10 check valve on this line that runs through the cans too. There's a lot of threads on oil catch/breather systems and my take on it is this. It's a road going car, used on track. It's not a full-time race car, so sticking with mitsi's design is probably best. We've just made it bigger and better. The fuel pump has also been upgraded to 400 litres/hour and a radium fuel rail, radium damper, fuel lab pressure regulator and syvecs fuel pressure sensor installed and wired into the syvecs s6 ecu. The calibration has been re-done from scratch, making a lively 535 BHP and more torque too, although I don't have the numbers just yet. I should have it back this coming week, when it'll get a new set of APR wing mirrors at which point it's ready for it's 3rd annual pilrimage to the Nurburgring and Spa.

Here's a pic of it having a little drink between map tweaks on the road yesterday, and one of some of the engine bay adornments (fuel damper not shown)

Thanks to MG Auto Motorsport, JR Fabrications, SCR and Syvecs for their shared passion and meticulous attention to every detail. It's a build that everyone can be proud of, not just me the owner.

Last edited by cyberfella; 11-03-2018 at 08:25..
cyberfella is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cyberfella For This Useful Post:
Adie (11-03-2018), Cyberstaff (12-03-2018), JasonL91 (11-03-2018), [email protected] Autos (17-11-2018), Realbadman (11-03-2018), RyB (11-03-2018), THE 905S (14-03-2019)
Old 09-08-2018, 21:14   #127
Bava
Senior User

My Car
Quote:
Attend all-day track events at Spa and Nurburgring, pushing over 125 BHP per cylinder from 8.30am until 17:30 and the need for maximum cooling will likely soon make itself known .

This is the reliability level I want the car at for my annual pilgrimages, hence capping the power at 500 BHP too.

The Stack Pro Control oil pressure and temp gauges are set to change colour as I ascend through the degrees celsius, ultimately flashing red at me when things start to get out of hand.

The air con has been fully removed so the weight up front should not change a great deal either.

The HKS oil cooler is designed to compliment, not replace the oem one anyway. It's just that I'd already replaced the oem one with a 10% more efficient mishimoto one.

Hi
Hope you car is going well I came across this a while back on the twin oil cooler setup have you find much difference and benefit in the second cooler set up?

Amran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=504168
Bava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 15:51   #128
cyberfella
Senior User

yeah, car's still going strong. three trips to the ring and spa, driven once a week on road. it's a beast. oil supply is the achilles heel of 4g63's, built or not. another cooler is a bit more oil in the system. i'd like to fit a racefab sump too at some point.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:04   #129
bennyp
Senior User

Car: EVO 8 MR 320 (415/405)
My Car
just read this whole thread whilst sat at work.... great read! I have same car but with obvs less done to it. Well done for keeping up with it, given me a lot of ideas and most importantly, the motivation to get my a**e in gear and get mine done! Enjoy!
cyberfella (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 11:45   #130
cyberfella
Senior User

Future 2019 - 2020 upgrades in the pipeline are:

PAINTWORK (BOOT, BONNET and WINGS) (in progress)
NEW BOTTOM END BUILD (Cosworth 2.2 stroker crank, 156mm Carillo rods, Manley Sport Compact Forged Pistons, Brand new 4G63 8MR Block, Dry Sump) (parts procurement in progress)
Old 06-03-2019, 14:31   #131
Mita
Senior User

Brand new block from Ross?

May I ask why you’ve gone Stroker? Did you not feel the straight 2l was sufficient?

Quote:

NEW BOTTOM END BUILD (Cosworth 2.2 stroker crank, 156mm Carillo rods, Manley Sport Compact Forged Pistons, Brand new 4G63 8MR Block, Dry Sump) (parts procurement in progress)
Mita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 14:45   #132
Humps85
Senior User

Quote:

Will you be selling the rod jobbed bottom end ?
Humps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:27   #133
cyberfella
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mita View Post
Brand new block from Ross?

May I ask why you’ve gone Stroker? Did you not feel the straight 2l was sufficient?
Yes, I have a brand new 8MR block from Ross. My current MR block has not had any machine work done either, so it's still got all the meat on it, and I'll be keeping my existing bottom end on the shelf as a spare.

The new build will be based off a cosworth 2.2 stroker crank, but with a rod length that will retain (as close as possible) factory rod angles when the pistons going up and down in the cylinder. Nothing wrong with a 2 litre tho. Nothing at all.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:29   #134
cyberfella
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humps85 View Post
Will you be selling the rod jobbed bottom end ?
No. My existing 8MR block has had no machine work done on it at all, so I'll be keeping it on the shelf as a spare part, along with the oil pump, fluidampr, existing rotating assembly etc.
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: