Lancer Register Forum banner

Thank God for camera phones....

24K views 70 replies 28 participants last post by  VI_Shooter 
#1 · (Edited)
One of the things I love about Japan, is you never know what you are going to find around the next corner.

For example, going down the road in a bus past a Mitsubishi Dealers..

"Oh look lol, a Group A mock up on display" . . . . . .

Hang on ... what the..

V2MMR !!

Tyres have seen better days..

Very clean

Never a damn Allen key set handy when you need one . . .:wallbang: :naughty:

The real Monte Carlo winning car :D

I knew this one was over here. There are at least 3 genuine TME /VI Group A cars here that I know of, then there are at least 2 WRC05's as well.

Got me wondering if there isn't a big and very interesting shed somewhere. Might ask a few people I know :smthumbup

See less See more
#7 ·
Very, very nice!
Was it up for sale? If so, how much? :eek:

And would it be road legal over there?
Group A cars were all road legal basically. Not it wasn't for sale ;)

Just for strength it seems. More metal in the hub etc
Also less wheel nuts to undo.

#12 ·
lol no Chris this is the real one :smthumbup

Nice find anto looks fantastic
is it just my phone or are the pictures small ??
The photos are small, unfortunately I didn't have my 'big' phone with me and the one I used formats them small for some reason.

#17 ·
Yup Andrew Cowan has a museum of all the Rugby based cars. Really surprised that the Group A 6.5 car in Japan is actually in Japan if you know what I mean. The cars were shipped over from Japan and made into Gp.A / WRC spec in Rugby by Cowan, Short, et.al. GOOD TIMES used to love being allowed to crawl over them cars back in the day!

Reactions: willox
#21 · (Edited)
Really surprised that the Group A 6.5 car in Japan is actually in Japan if you know what I mean.
There are quite a few over here still alive.
These are the ones I know for sure:

1 III K7 MRE (Tommi), 1 IV (Tommi test car), at least 2 VI's (both have Loix markings, although I am suspicious that one is a converted V) I have photos / video of both but the rego numbers were covered up, at least 3 TME's (X6 MMR, X3 MMR is another), and at east 2 WRC05's :smthumbup

All fired up now, I want to find em :naughty:

#18 ·
Nice Willox!

I'm actually glad you posted that, because I went and looked at my photos of Andrew Cowans collection and yes that is V2MMR.

The licence plate on the rear of the one here is a real one, but I was puzzled because the V prefix cars were VI's and I think one or 2 of Loix's TME that were converted VI's (just as some of the VI's were converted V's).
TME's were X or W prefix.

So, the car here which is definitely the 2001 Monte Carlo winner, is actually X6MMR.

Pretty sure I know why the one here has a different plate on the rear if stories i've been told are true :angel: ;)

Here it is also (pics not taken by myself):

And a couple of years later and how it looks now:

#19 ·
wow seems that mr.ralliart is almost as much as an anorak as me :handsup:

V2MMR won monte 2000 also re-used in 2001 by loix in greece and gardermeister in New Zealand badged as a Carisma GT...

X6 MMR will be the one you saw as you said Monte 2001

Good Job! :smthumbup

#34 ·
#26 ·
Dunno.

That didn't stop me :coolsm:

Talked to a guy who came over after, seemed cool with it although he may have been scared by the foreigner frothing at the mouth.

From my experience over here, Japanese don't seem to really care. I've sat in quite a few 'interesting' cars over the years. I think one part of it is that Japanese people are generally very shy, not many would have the courage to ask. So if you do ask they kind of can't say no. But in general they are very kind and accommodating people anyway :)

#31 ·
The wheels are 4 stud 18 inch versions of the TME wheels. The brakes are Alcons.

Funny thing I have just noticed, is in the above photos of the car Mr Cowan has, it has the Monte Carlo number on the side, yet in all the photos I have of it in his collection it has San Remo numbers. hmm.... ;)

So how many cars have they tried to pass off as V2MMR? :mhihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.