Lancer Register Forum banner

AYC/ACD Solenoid

10K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  will2 
#1 · (Edited)
The + solenoid on my pump (VII) snapped.

Recently I got a pump from a V (for the solenoid) as the pump was very, very cheap. I measured the 2 solenoids and they are both the same dimensions.

I have fitted the solenoid from the V into the pump from the VII but it doesn't go in all the way (see pics).

I don't want to force it or tap it with a hammer, so can anyone tell me if his gap is normal or if there is a method to close the gap.

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
Take the locking tap off and make sure they both seat down all the way, minus the gap for the locking tab. Make sure the o rings aren't unseating when you push it in. They should seat cleanly hence the locking ring to stop them coming out.

If all the cutouts are in the same place I'm not sure why it isn't seating.

#8 ·
the O ring is 14x1.5 mm.. you can try other dimensions.. or I can send you some..

it would be good if you could compare the snapped part of the solenoid with the VII one you have..
I do not have access to the earlier pumps so can not comment.. but I did replace the E8 and E9 solenoids with ones from E 10... in which case the solenoid had to be turned 180 deg which made it impossible to mount the pump into carrier (due to sticking connector) without some cutting..

it is essential that you test the solenoid on the pump by opening it with pump under pressure... just so that you see it works before mounting it on the car..

#11 · (Edited)
try fitting the solenoid without the o ring..

if you need the orings let me know..
I have fitted it without the 0-ring and it slides all the way in :smthumbup

In the pics I have slid the solenoid all the way in (I know the it needs to be a bit out for the retaining shim :) )

[the first 2 pics are to show the broken VII solenoid is the same as the good V solenoid]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.