Dutch EVO IX Project - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

Go Back   Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum > General Stuff > Projects & Restorations

Old 06-01-2020, 00:02   #1
misterevo

Dutch EVO IX Project

Hey everybody,

I'm Lķk, 33 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I would like to introduce my Lancer Evolution IX (2007) projectcar.

First I had an Evolution X, it was a good en really comfortable car, but just not for me.. I realised what I missed while driving the X, so I chased my dreams and bought the car I had always wanted, an Evolution IX.

I was lucky that I a good friend of mine wanted to buy my Evo X. But than a pretty difficult search began, because I had a to find a nice and clean Evo IX.

The first issue was that this car is a rally car, so most of them aren't in a good shape.
The second problem was that only 48 cars of this type had been delivered new. This meant that I had to extend my search outside of Holland. I have looked in Germany, France, probably all of Europe including Turky.
Finally, I found an Evo in Belgium, on the border with France. I had had contact and then we got to make the first trip. When we arrived the garage door opened, we took a good look en went for a good drive. I immediately fell in love with the car.
Then the organizing began. How could I get all the parts and the car over in one trip? Thankfully another friend of mine was able to help me out with his cartaxi. So, a week later we went to pick it up. After a total of ten hours of driving I was finally able to park my new car in my garage!

I started the process for the new license plates, I had the inspection done and within two weeks I had everything in order to drive it! I wanted to ease into this car. Enjoy the little things, get to know the car, get to know itís limits..

And now, four months later, I have started (not so slowly) disassembling the interior and some bits under hood.

Canít wait to have it ready for this season! I will keep you posted!

My old evo x

And the new evo ix

Last edited by misterevo; 06-01-2020 at 00:41..
misterevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misterevo For This Useful Post:
Alex T (06-01-2020), babou88 (09-01-2020), evo5d (07-01-2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2020, 20:05   #2
misterevo

First updates just arrived...

So the first updates are back!

For this winter I'm going to change the interior of my Evo.
I have a lot of custom carbon parts, because I just love the "black gold".
The first thing I did was put in a dubbel din radio, for some good music and navigation. Besides that it I think it looks way better. What I don't like about the interior, is al the grey parts.

So I removed a lot of dashboard parts, and brought them to someone who put them in carbon. His work is awesome!

Besides these handmade carbon parts, I also ordered some other parts aswell; like my handbrake cover, armrest and hoodlifters.

I also brought a number of parts to the upholsterer to be covered with Alcantara.

Hopefully by the end of February I will have the Alcantara and carbon parts back to rebuild the interior.

Enough talk, these pictures say enough

The Following User Says Thank You to misterevo For This Useful Post:
evo5d (12-01-2020)
Old 17-01-2020, 16:59   #3
JeffreyST

Leuk ,

een Nederlander

Ga je er veel aan doen? , welke omgeving kom je vandaan

Veel plezier ermee

De evo X van mij : https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=568118

Gr

Jeffrey
JeffreyST is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-01-2020, 21:34   #4
misterevo

After I partially disassembled the dashboard for carboning the parts. I started to dismantle the evo further. I don't like the gray colors in the interior of the evo, so I delivered the following parts to the car upholsterer. I want them done in black Alcantara;

the sky
the door panels
the parcel shelf
the poker cover
the a b c styles

The Following User Says Thank You to misterevo For This Useful Post:
evo5d (21-01-2020)
Old 17-02-2020, 19:59   #5
misterevo

next update

So I got my interior back of the upholsterer and it looks amazing.
I am so happy with my choice to make it al black alcantara
Pictures

more updates on the way... more carbon stuff, seatbelts and lots more
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to misterevo For This Useful Post:
dreMR (18-02-2020), madmatt (18-02-2020), Migi (18-02-2020), na208 (20-02-2020), zefal (19-02-2020)
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: